Ko Lanta Yai Transportation Tips by Cathy&Gary
Ko Lanta Yai Transportation: 1 reviews and 5 photos
Koh Lanta is very easy to get to from Phuket and Krabi. As we always drive there from Phuket, this info mainly covers the route of self driving.
From Phuket we head for Krabi Town and then continue until you see the Krabi airport on your left. It is then only about a 20 minute drive until you come to a town called Klog Thom, where the Emerald pool and hot springs are. Keep driving and now you will start seeing the signs for Koh Lanta. Another few kilometers on the right is the turn off to Baan Hua Hin Pier, follow this road to the end and you will be at the car ferry pier.
You buy your tickets at the pier and from memory they are 100baht for the car and 10baht per person to go on the 2 car ferries over to Koh Lanta Yai. The first ferry takes about 15minutes to Koh Lanta Noi, you drive across the island for about 8 kilometers then catch another ferry to Koh Lanta Yai, this ferry trip is only a few minutes.
The trip from Phuket to Koh Lanta normally takes us about 4 hours, depending on how many times we stop. There are petrol stations everywhere, the roads are well sign posted in English and the drive is very scenic.
All the other options of getting to Koh Lanta from Phuket, Krabi Trang and Phi Phi, such as public ferries, private transfers and public minibus can be found on the internet.
Most hotels on Koh Lanta will also organize your transfers.
More Reviews (20)
Cathy&Gary's Related Pages
Ko Lanta Yai Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Ko Lanta Yai
- Hotels in Ko Lanta Yai
- Transportation in Ko Lanta Yai
- Restaurants in Ko Lanta Yai
- See All...
Explore the World
- Dahilayan Hotels
- Fuengirola Hotels
- Columbus Hotels
- Madeira Beach Hotels
Badges & Stats in Ko Lanta Yai
- 21 Reviews
- 106 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Ko Lanta Yai?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ko Lanta Yai
Photos in Ko Lanta YaiSee All Photos (106)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Phuket Intro, 251 reviews, 1119 photos, 4 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 75 reviews, 341 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Phnom Penh Intro, 75 reviews, 286 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 78 reviews, 263 photos, 1 travelogue
- Khett Siem Reab Intro, 57 reviews, 260 photos, 5 travelogues
- Krabi Intro, 30 reviews, 150 photos
- Ko Lanta Yai Intro, 21 reviews, 106 photos
- Kuching Intro, 17 reviews, 88 photos
- Chiang Mai Intro, 18 reviews, 77 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 14 reviews, 55 photos