"Koh Lanta" Ko Lanta Yai by Cathy&Gary
Ko Lanta Yai Travel Guide: 25 reviews and 112 photos
We had set out for a drive from Phuket to Trang and intended to spend a few days away, but Koh Lanta was not in that plan.
Not until Gary saw the turnoff to the pier.
So off we go and we are so glad we did.
Koh Lanta is beautiful.
Koh Lanta is on the west coast of Krabi province and located in the Andaman Sea, it is approximately an hours drive from Krabi Town. The island has fantastic beaches and is much more laid back and relaxed then Krabi or Phuket.
This is the place to go for total peace and quiet!
Of course there are also plenty of activities like elephant trekking, canoeing, caves, diving, fishing etc and many fantastic bars and restaurants.
The island is populated by Thai Chinese, Buddhists, Sea Gypsies and Muslims, so there are always cultural shows, celebrations and festivals happening.
So if you are looking for beautiful clear deserted beaches, friendly locals and not hundreds of tourists then Koh Lanta is the place to be.
Click here for more photos and info!
- In a nutshell:Perfect place for total relaxation!
During low season it is very hard to find a massage place that could do four massages at the same time. We went to about... more travel advice
Koh Lanta is very easy to get to from Phuket and Krabi. As we always drive there from Phuket, this info mainly covers... more travel advice
Cathy&Gary's Related Pages
Ko Lanta Yai Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Ko Lanta Yai
- Hotels in Ko Lanta Yai
- Transportation in Ko Lanta Yai
- Restaurants in Ko Lanta Yai
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ko Lanta Yai
- 21 Reviews
- 106 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Ko Lanta Yai?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ko Lanta Yai
Photos in Ko Lanta YaiSee All Photos (106)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Phuket Intro, 256 reviews, 1144 photos, 4 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 75 reviews, 341 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Phnom Penh Intro, 75 reviews, 286 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 78 reviews, 263 photos, 1 travelogue
- Khett Siem Reab Intro, 57 reviews, 260 photos, 5 travelogues
- Krabi Intro, 30 reviews, 150 photos
- Ko Lanta Yai Intro, 21 reviews, 106 photos
- Kuching Intro, 17 reviews, 88 photos
- Chiang Mai Intro, 18 reviews, 77 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 14 reviews, 55 photos