"Phuket" Top 5 Page for this destination Phuket by Cathy&Gary

Phuket Travel Guide: 3,193 reviews and 8,742 photos

Phuket

Our first visit to Phuket was way back in 1995 and many, many trips later we still love the place but our time spent there is now a lot longer!

We spend half the year in Phuket. This is our base to then travel to other destinations in Thailand such as Udon Thani, Nakhon Si Thammarat, Krabi, Khao Lak, Udon Thani, Ranong, Cambodia etc.

Swiss Palm Beach Hotel at the northern end of Patong has fantastic low season rates so we stay in a 1 bedroom apartment there.

All our photos from various holidays including Chiang Mai, Krabi & Phuket can also be found on the link below.

Cathy's Photo Pages

I also have a much bigger website on Phuket that is updated often, there is a lot more information there, so have a look.

Cathy & Garys Travel Pages

Our trips to Phuket normally start off with another destination such as Cambodia, a place we also love dearly. We have been there 8 times over the last few of years.

We hire a 4x4 and drive ourselves around Phuket and other various places in Thailand. Its easy to drive there, just expect the unexpected and all the roads are well signposted.

Read lots more info on Phuket in my Tips and Travelogue sections.

While you are here you might as well check out my info on:

Kuala Lumpur

Phnom Penh

Siem Reap

Singapore

Bangkok

Bali

I now have a much bigger website with lots more info on the link below.

Cathy and Garys Travel Pages,

• Pros:Great weather, friendly people, fabulous food
  • Intro Updated Dec 1, 2013

• Jan 15, 2014 at 10:12 PM

Hi Cathy, Can you pls let me know what is good time to visit phuket. I am planning for APril is that a very hot during that course of time.

• Cathy&Gary's Profile Photo
      Jan 16, 2014 at 6:09 PM

Yes it is a hot time, but its always hot there haha, plenty of places to call into with air conditioning to cool off.

• machomikemd's Profile Photo
    Oct 24, 2012 at 6:08 PM

you should check boracay in the philippines, it better there, see my patong beaches tips here as i've included pictures of boracay beach.

• Sep 19, 2010 at 6:20 AM

Thank for all the info on Phuket its been a big help. cant believe how much info you've posted its great! Keep up the good work :-)

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Feb 23, 2009 at 11:10 PM

Wow, what a splendid destination... Thanks for shaing!

• junecorlett's Profile Photo
    Feb 6, 2009 at 2:54 AM

I am taking your shopping list prices with me on my next trip. I clearly was paying too much in Phuket!

• omidamini's Profile Photo
    May 27, 2008 at 1:09 AM

Really you made very nice Phuket VT page , Thanks

• Aug 27, 2007 at 6:37 AM

i have read bout the olay 300Bacht, i just wanted to know if he the item is original or if it is but an imitation, sort of piracy.here in the philippines, there are a lot of olay being sold which is coming from Thailand. can you comment on this?

• Apr 29, 2007 at 6:04 AM

hey Cathy&Gary, Thanks for all the info. i visited this same place in phuket last year and loved it. i wanted to recommend it to a friend but couldnt remember all the particulars. your post has helped a lot! cheers!

• Apr 27, 2007 at 1:40 AM

Hi Cathy, thanks for the info. Looks fun! My friends and I will be arriving in Phuket May 1st... might try to stop by there :)

• Apr 1, 2007 at 2:38 AM

Lovely pics and very interesting.

Cathy&Gary Visits Here Frequently!

Cathy&Gary

“Do Everything Now - While You Still Can!!”

Badges & Stats in Phuket