"Kuala Lumpur" Kuala Lumpur by Cathy&Gary

Kuala Lumpur Travel Guide: 6,004 reviews and 13,551 photos

Kuala Lumpur

We have been to Kuala Lumpur quite a few times now and like it more each time we visit.

Shopping in Kuala Lumpur is fantastic, my favorite place would have to be Pavilion and Suria shopping centres.

Some of the prices we have paid for various items are DVDs 6 RM, computer games and software 5 RM per disc. Men’s Nike Dri Cool tops (from sports store) 70 RM each, copy diesel and billabong t shirts 15 RM each, 12 inch rice paper and wood lamps 50 RM, these come flat packed, with a globe and the plug fits in Australian power points.

We went to a couple of Indian Restaurants and on average paid 85 RM for 2 entrees, 2 main courses, 2 tiger beers and 2 Lassi drinks.

We also did a half day countryside tour booked through the hotel for 55 RM each.

We went to Batu Caves, pretty spectacular, extremely hot climbing a few hundred stairs but were well worth it at the top. Watch the monkeys there though, we saw quite a few distressed tourists who had their bags of souvenirs etc stolen by the monkeys.

I have a great photo of a monkey holding her baby on my photo site, it’s pretty spooky. The Royal Selangor museum, we really enjoyed this and the shop has beautiful things to buy if you like pewter.

Only part of the tour we weren’t that fussed on was the silk factory tour which was really just a whiz past how things are made etc, then get into the shop and be followed everywhere by someone trying to sell you a scarf or sarong worth hundreds of dollars ha-ha. But overall the tour was worth doing if you don’t have much time in KL.

• Pros:Friendly people, easy to get around, lots to see and do, great shopping.
  • Intro Updated Mar 8, 2014

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Nov 8, 2009 at 8:31 PM

Howdy Cathy and Gary, the Royal Selangor Museum looks fantastic and great hotel tips! Nice job!

• 24kez's Profile Photo
    Dec 8, 2008 at 7:25 PM

I too had my credit card skimmed although it didnt leave my sight and only used it at duty free shop in Langkawi and hotel on checkout. 3 months later bank contacted me to say my card was being used in another country.

• cachaseiro's Profile Photo
    Dec 22, 2006 at 12:24 AM

nice page. very good hotel reviews you made there. welcome to vt :O)

• adelaidean's Profile Photo
    Oct 5, 2006 at 12:54 AM

The credit card scamming is really scary...I am slowly learning about your travelling..Will visit some more later!!:-)

Cathy&Gary Visits Here Frequently!

Cathy&Gary

“Do Everything Now - While You Still Can!!”

Badges & Stats in Kuala Lumpur

Have you been to Kuala Lumpur?

Latest Activity in Kuala Lumpur