"Kuala Lumpur" Kuala Lumpur by Cathy&Gary
Kuala Lumpur Travel Guide: 6,315 reviews and 14,762 photos
We have been to Kuala Lumpur quite a few times now and like it more each time we visit.
Shopping in Kuala Lumpur is fantastic, my favorite place would have to be Pavilion and Suria shopping centres.
Some of the prices we have paid for various items are DVDs 6 RM, computer games and software 5 RM per disc. Men’s Nike Dri Cool tops (from sports store) 70 RM each, copy diesel and billabong t shirts 15 RM each, 12 inch rice paper and wood lamps 50 RM, these come flat packed, with a globe and the plug fits in Australian power points.
We went to a couple of Indian Restaurants and on average paid 85 RM for 2 entrees, 2 main courses, 2 tiger beers and 2 Lassi drinks.
We also did a half day countryside tour booked through the hotel for 55 RM each.
We went to Batu Caves, pretty spectacular, extremely hot climbing a few hundred stairs but were well worth it at the top. Watch the monkeys there though, we saw quite a few distressed tourists who had their bags of souvenirs etc stolen by the monkeys.
I have a great photo of a monkey holding her baby on my photo site, it’s pretty spooky. The Royal Selangor museum, we really enjoyed this and the shop has beautiful things to buy if you like pewter.
Only part of the tour we weren’t that fussed on was the silk factory tour which was really just a whiz past how things are made etc, then get into the shop and be followed everywhere by someone trying to sell you a scarf or sarong worth hundreds of dollars ha-ha. But overall the tour was worth doing if you don’t have much time in KL.
- Pros:Friendly people, easy to get around, lots to see and do, great shopping.
Suria KLCC is another fantastic shopping center with 3 department stores, Parksons, Isetan and Marks & Spencer’s. It has... more travel advice
Pavilion Kuala Lumpur is a beautiful shopping center on Jalan Butik Bintang. There are over 500 shops and the Parkson... more travel advice
Cathy&Gary's Related Pages
Kuala Lumpur Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kuala Lumpur"
- "Kuala Lumpur - My Home"
- "KL - where the rivers (and all things else) meet."
- "-=Latest & Happening In Town=-"
- "I grew up here!!!"
- "JALAN BUKIT BINTANG"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kuala Lumpur
- Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
- Transportation in Kuala Lumpur
- Nightlife in Kuala Lumpur
- Restaurants in Kuala Lumpur
- Shopping in Kuala Lumpur
- Warnings and Dangers in Kuala Lumpur
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kuala Lumpur
- 25 Reviews
- 106 Photos
- 9 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Kuala Lumpur?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kuala Lumpur
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Phuket Intro, 286 reviews, 1296 photos, 4 travelogues
- Siem Reap Intro, 85 reviews, 402 photos, 6 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 74 reviews, 336 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Phnom Penh Intro, 76 reviews, 291 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 56 reviews, 272 photos, 2 travelogues
- Krabi Intro, 30 reviews, 153 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Northeastern Thailand Intro, 24 reviews, 138 photos, 2 travelogues
- Nakhon Si Thammarat Intro, 25 reviews, 134 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 25 reviews, 106 photos
- Ko Lanta Yai Intro, 21 reviews, 106 photos