"Phnom Penh Cambodia" Top 5 Page for this destination Phnom Penh by Cathy&Gary

Phnom Penh Travel Guide: 1,459 reviews and 3,835 photos

Phnom Penh Cambodia

Gary lived in Cambodia for a year back in the early nineties. So many many years later in 2005 it was time to go back. That was my first visit.

Since then we have been to Cambodia many many times, it is one of our favorite destinations!

I have lots more info on our trips to Cambodia on my website below;
www,cathyandgarystravlepages.com

Our very first visit together to Phnom Penh was very exciting as we were met by our friends at the airport and an old mate of my husbands who he hadn’t seen since he lived in Cambodia in 1992/93, this lovely Cambodian guy was Gary’s interpreter and they hadn’t seen one another for 12 years so there were a lot of tears etc.

I just love the drive through the streets of Phnom Penh, so many push bikes, motor bikes and cyclos, there is traffic everywhere, there seems to be no road rules but more important no road rage.

It’s a city of young people. Buildings that were once modern and impressive now look old and tired. Then next to them are beautiful renovated grand hotels. It truly is an amazing city.

Anyway enjoy my Travelogue and tips pages, please keep checking back as it’s a work in progress.

There is also a lot more info and photos on Cambodia on my website below.

Cathy and Garys Travel Pages

• Intro Updated Feb 27, 2014

• picek's Profile Photo
    Apr 1, 2010 at 4:18 AM

I enjoy reading your PP page, tips are great and very helpful. I would love to see some of the archeological sites near PP which you mentioned.

• piglet44's Profile Photo
    May 23, 2009 at 6:24 AM

great site- off to Cambodia in less than a month!

• betska's Profile Photo
    Apr 17, 2009 at 6:51 PM

Fabulous travelogues, Cathy. I too think Phnom Penh is a pretty special place.

• Arkeolog's Profile Photo
    Mar 20, 2009 at 11:50 PM

great tips here. the new tips are useful too. I liked your page. all the best.

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Oct 19, 2008 at 12:28 PM

Didn't see the Tarantulas when I was there, thankgoodness, I would have wondered what I was eating!

• Jan 8, 2007 at 6:45 PM

Hi Sis, Finally sat down and read your Phnom Penh Page. Brought back good memories of the time we were with you in Phnom Penh. This info is excellent for any one who is thinking of visiting Cambodia. Well Done Sis

• Oct 10, 2006 at 8:11 PM

Great up to date information Going there in Nov 2006, 1 week in PNP, and 1 week in SRP. thanks

• penumbra's Profile Photo
    Oct 5, 2006 at 8:13 PM

Sounds like a great price for a Tuk Tuk. You are obviously a seasoned negotiator.

• Sep 12, 2006 at 3:41 AM

My God, that knuckle is amazing, your restaurant tips are great.

• Aug 29, 2006 at 4:26 AM

Great restaurant tips, would never have known these places existed, will try some of them for sure.

Cathy&Gary Visits Here Frequently!

Cathy&Gary

“Do Everything Now - While You Still Can!!”

Badges & Stats in Phnom Penh

Have you been to Phnom Penh?

Latest Activity in Phnom Penh