"My Flying Carpet Has Earned Its Flyer Miles" Heniko's Profile
I am constantly trying to update my pages, with newer and more accurate information. And it seems my pages will always be under construction, as there is not enough time to write and upload all that I would like.
Any comments or suggestions or corrections or disputes are gladly welcomed and appreciated!
Thank you and may you always feel the God and the World is smiling down upon you!
Nobody knows exactly how many Travellers there are in the World... the number would be large to count...infinite in fact I think..
Adventurists, thrill seekers, drifters, nomads, wanderers, the weekend sightseer, business travelers, student travelers...or just anyone who desires to ecsape for moment their ordinary modern-urbanized enviroments and anyone on a eternal quest of seeking the unknown.
We walk, we drive, we take the tram, the bus, the metro, the plane or a ship ...sometimes by horse, camel or elephant.... sometimes even other more unusual forms of travel...
To grow as a human being, you must take risks naturally.Risks imply motion, and travel is the most obvious and direct way for us to engage in such motion, all of which might be summed up by this one quote, this one from 13th century philosopher and and my favourite poet Rumi: "Travel brings power and love back into your life."
1. Expand Your Horizons
2. Discover Yourself
3. Find Love
4. Have an Adventure
5. Get Mystical
6. Break Habits
7. Get to Know Your Fellow Man (you will see they are all your friends)
8. Become a Storyteller
9. Face a Challenge
10. Appreciate Home
To these ten things I would add one more —Change the World.
Needless to say this question provids food for thought as I looked back on trips taken which I've never regretted, and trips not taken which I've regretted for years.
There are places to see and things to do, whether it's that friend's wedding in Gyor or visiting that cousin posted in Berlin or quick camping trip in the Carpthanians...or visiting an totally unknown new extoic desitination...
It behooves us to consider not just convenience or money, but the minimization of that powerful toxin, regret, in the bioenergetic engine of our spirits.....we cannot as humans I think live a life in one spot...even our ancestors were nomads...they travelled and moved...The feeling, the need is inside of us...that's TRAVEL !!!
A traveler, a wanderer never really feels like a foreigner when they travel. They usually don't require a guide... they usually go from their house and open their eyes to all the buildings, signs, people, birds, clouds, smells and sounds....and they experience rather then only witness...
Travelling whenever I can...where ever my flying carpet takes me .... The most important things I try to do or accomplish while I am there:
1, Taste the local foods...
2, Meet and spend time with the local peoples...Make some friends !!!
3, Take as many photos as I can....finally got a digital camera...
4, See the views from up top high... panoramic views are so much better
5, See the place at night...
6, Try to find the "hidden treasures"of that place
7, Walk the streets and paths and take in all I can
Area of Hoggar in Sahara desert in Algerie
Revisiting the beached of Tolo, Greece
South American rainforest and all its 3OOO species of tropical birds
and on and on...
Since discovering this www, by accident mind you... I have had a chance to a way relive all my travels, learn about new destinations and meet so much interesting people.
I am sure many VTers can relate...spending more time, then we want...just browsing all the Home pages and Travel Logs.... seeing all the great photos, tips and accounts of fellow VTers.... Finding newer and more interesting places to go next (and of course new people to meet)....
BRAVO VT and VTers !!!!
PS: And if you must stay home, become an avid armchair traveler and read about the places you aren't visiting.
Been out from VT for a while now, touring and enjoying new "life" ... have ton of fotos and stories to share...hopefully will get round sharing them soon!
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 197 Reviews
- 296 Photos
- 5 Countries
- 7 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
- Uploaded a Photo to "Sziget Festival 2006"
- Heniko and Pierangelo are now friends.
- Posted in Travel Algeria Forum "Flights to DZ"
updated their Profile Page "My Flying Carpet Has Earned Its Flyer Miles"
- Commented on Carguja's profile page
- updated a Hungary Travelogue "Hungary- the Land of Magyars"
- Wrote a Review Money in Bosnia and Herzegovina Favorites
Top 10 Pages
- Budapest Intro, 96 reviews, 64 photos, 2 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 28 reviews, 54 photos
- Gyor Megyei Varos Intro, 33 reviews, 33 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 20 reviews, 29 photos
- Sarajevo Intro, 4 reviews, 28 photos, 4 travelogues
- Hungary Intro, 15 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tolon Intro, 4 reviews, 8 photos
- Balaton Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Corinth Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Bosnia and Herzegovina Intro, 5 reviews, 3 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22459 Reviews - 54964 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2701 Reviews - 7925 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23314 Reviews - 48908 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15642 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2025 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3092 Reviews - 5855 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3874 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12023 Reviews - 26760 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7828 Reviews - 20233 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8419 Reviews - 17290 Photos