"Derby" Derby by discobunny
Derby Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 26 photos
Well what can i say about Derby??? It isnt the best town in WA. however it is a great gateway to not only the Kimberly but the Buccaneer Archipelago. Theres only 4 things worth hanging around Derby for. Thats the Amazing power of the tides, The Derby Jetty, The boabs and the scenic flights you can take to see the Archipelago...they are much cheaper in Derby than Broome!
The wierd and wonderful boabs. What strange trees they are! Back in the early settler days they were used as prisons. There is Still one Boab Prison Tree that you can visit. it is by far the Biggest one i saw and quite amazing that they were able to fit not just one persone but t few people in it!
As with everywhere in the Kimberly Derby is no exception to wonderful sunsets. Sit back and relax on the Jetty. The one I watched lasted 50 mins!
- Pros:Great gateway to the Kimberly, fantastic tour groups that leave,
- Cons:Very isolated, not much to do... at all
- In a nutshell:A bit Dodgy but still Beautiful!!
discobunny's Related Pages
Derby Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Derby - heartland of the Kimberleys"
- "Large tides at Derby.."
- "A true outback Aussie town"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Derby
- 0 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Derby?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Derby
Top 5 Pages
- Port Hedland Intro, 2 reviews, 2 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Francisco Intro, 3 photos
- Esperance 1 review
- Corrigin Intro, 1 photo
- Denham 1 review