"West Virginia" Top 5 Page for this destination West Virginia by Florida999

West Virginia Travel Guide: 1,053 reviews and 2,726 photos

West Virginia

West Virginia is another one of those totally underrated States ( like Arkansas) that is a truly beautiful vacation destination nobody thinks of. We had a wonderful time visiting this State for about a week in July this year. I would have loved to spend more time there!! I like nature, and West Virginia has lots of it. If you want to get away from it all, not spend a lot of money and not have to go too far from most places in the Eastern U.S., this is the place to go.

You can go whitewater rafting in the New River, but it looked a little too scary to me ( a beginner that has only done this once). Maybe next time.....

The kids really wanted to do it, but I chickened out:)

Seneca Rocks

West Virginia has a lot of mountains and some real awesome rocks to climb on. Seneca Rocks is one of the areas you can do this, but we ran out of time. I guess we really need to make at least one more trip to West Virginia!

• Pros:Beautiful nature , nice people, peacefull and quiet
  • Cons:Isolated and bad mountain roads
  • In a nutshell:Great State for visiting!
  • Last visit to West Virginia: Jul 2009
  • Intro Updated Aug 10, 2009

• akkipaa's Profile Photo
    Feb 11, 2012 at 1:50 AM

Hi, I visited again your pages and found this beauty. I read about your scary to drive on bridges, I feels those on the opposite way (prob because I born with a bridge on my eyes :) This main picture is very cool, and the picture where is the bridge and you/daughter is perfectly scoped and exposed! Nice work!

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Nov 18, 2011 at 4:34 AM

hope you dont mind me putting you on my friends list as Id love to keep coming back to see more of your pages - I really loved my drives around the US - had friends in NYC and 2nd visit back to see them I got a rental car for 2 weeks and headed south then north to Toronto but did get to WV! as I wantesd to see the civil war history and skyline drive...but was too late for any fall colours there!had a good dose of them in NYC though! thanks for your shares here

• goutammitra's Profile Photo
    Aug 28, 2009 at 6:27 PM

As you said, I agree with you about the place, it's under rated & very beautiful. Thanks for watching my Andaman page, pl finish the page.

Florida999 Visits Here Frequently!

Badges & Stats in West Virginia

Have you been to West Virginia?

Latest Activity in West Virginia