"Vermont" Top 5 Page for this destination Vermont by Florida999

Vermont Travel Guide: 854 reviews and 1,740 photos

Vermont in the winter

We just visited Vermont for Christmas again and had a wonderful time skiing and snowboarding at Okemo. In previous years we have been to Stowe, Bolton, Killington and Smugglers Notch. New favorites are Stowe, and Okemo. What an awesome place to ski at! The slopes were great, the snow was great and lots of it. Vermont is just a beautiful State that I did not want to leave. It's like something out of a postcard.

Vermont in the summer

We visited Vermont several years ago and hiking up Mount Mansfield, the highest mountain in Vermont. We liked the area there so much that at that time we decided to come back in the winter to ski and snowboard. At this point, I like it there so much I would love to move there!!

Lake Champlain

On the way out of Vermont , we took the ferry across Lake Champlain to get to New York State. It was not running in the winter, so we had to drive around it. The ferry trip was fun. You could see the mountains from the boat, very nice!

• Pros:Beautiful State, lots of snow in the winter
  • Cons:Didn't find any
  • In a nutshell:Would love to live there!
  • Last visit to Vermont: Jan 2010
  • Intro Updated Jan 15, 2013

• Agraichen's Profile Photo
    Feb 24, 2014 at 5:33 PM

Okemo was one of my favorites next to Killington (well, ok, Stowe too).

• slothtraveller's Profile Photo
    Jun 21, 2011 at 2:24 PM

Vermont looks beautiful although I would be more inclined towards visiting in summer. Not a huge fan of the cold or snow! :-)

• german_eagle's Profile Photo
    Aug 21, 2010 at 3:09 AM

Vermont is among my favourites also. I'd love to see it in winter as I am a big fan of skiing and snow in general.

• unravelau's Profile Photo
    Jan 21, 2010 at 2:48 PM

Being such a lover of snow and skiing I can understand why you would like to move here. There are quite a few people on vt who love their skiing too and could very well take your leads here and holiday in Vermont. Thank you Sophia. Carole.

• wandeljp's Profile Photo
    Jun 19, 2009 at 9:17 AM

I like all mountains, and those one are very attractive ! I prefer Summer but in the winter it seems nice too. Lot of pictures (and tips ;-) ) on my Vanoise, Mercantour and Briancon pages. Friendly from flat Belgium, JP

• dlandt's Profile Photo
    Jan 15, 2008 at 7:30 AM

And I'm first here. No worries about a white christmas for you!

Florida999 Visits Here Frequently!

Badges & Stats in Vermont

Have you been to Vermont?

Latest Activity in Vermont