"Oklahoma" Top 5 Page for this destination Oklahoma by Florida999

Oklahoma Travel Guide: 1,438 reviews and 2,847 photos

Oklahoma

One of the last 6 States we had not been to! We drove into Oklahoma from New Mexico and all the way through it to the other side. So , we pretty much saw what most of the State looks like. I liked Oklahoma's farmland. It made me think no matter what happens in this country, at least they are growing enough food and seem to have learned from their mistakes last century. This is not a tourist destination, but to me it would be worth at least one visit, just to see it.

Wheat as far as you can see...

My ( bored from sitting in the truck) son standing in front of miles and miles of wheat fields. I picked one to take home ( doesn't grow in Florida) , but it was growing on the edge of the field in the dirt road.
They grow the wheat and other things like corn in circles. I am pretty sure they do this because of the irrigation equipement. When you look at this area on google earth , you can really see this.

Oklahoma

The western part of Oklahoma looks a lot like New Mexico. We attempted to hike up the highpoint, Black Mesa, but it was too hot.

• Pros:Not very crowded , lots of farmland
  • Cons:Weather can get very bad!
  • In a nutshell:Probably underappreciated, they grow a lot of food there!
  • Last visit to Oklahoma: Jun 2010
  • Intro Updated Jul 15, 2010

• hundwalder's Profile Photo
    Aug 1, 2010 at 7:02 PM

Great Oklahoma page Sophia, although the cowboy Hall of Fame is the best stop in OKC. Too bad your visit came in the middle of a monster heat wave. Average summer daytime high is about 88°F in my hometown. Greetings from the 1893 land run town of Prague.

Florida999 Visits Here Frequently!

Badges & Stats in Oklahoma

Have you been to Oklahoma?

Latest Activity in Oklahoma