"North Dakota" Top 5 Page for this destination North Dakota by Florida999
North Dakota Travel Guide: 587 reviews and 1,111 photos
We drove from Montana, though North Dakota on Interstate 94, with stops at Theodore Roosevelt National Park, Mandan, Bismarck and Fargo.
Mostly the State is covered with farm land and empty space.
Theodore Roosevelt NP looks a lot like the Badlands in South Dakota, but with grass. We drove through it and looked at a prairie dog colony. I have never seen so many little rodents in one place, and would hate to have them in the yard!! They're cute, but they sure destroy the landscape. I can't imagine farmers being too happy with them.
If you ever feel the need to get away from civilization, this is the place . We drove for hundreds of miles without ever seeing a major town ( more than a few farms with a gas station/store).
- Pros:No traffic!
- Cons:Not much of anything!
- In a nutshell:If you want to see a really empty State , visit North Dakota!
We found this statue next to the Keelboat , on the side of the river. more travel advice
We visited the waterfront of Bismarck and looked at a rebuilt Keelboat, like Louis and Clark used when they came through... more travel advice
Florida999's Related Pages
North Dakota Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "More interesting than you may think"
- "North Dakota"
- "North Dakota: America's Least Visited State"
- "North Dakota - My Home State"
- "Basaic North Dakota Page"
- "North Dakota is Cool (or Cold?)"
- "North Dakota"
- See All...
- Things to Do in North Dakota
- Hotels in North Dakota
- Transportation in North Dakota
- Nightlife in North Dakota
- Restaurants in North Dakota
- Shopping in North Dakota
- Warnings and Dangers in North Dakota
- See All...
Badges & Stats in North Dakota
- 7 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to North Dakota?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in North Dakota
Top 10 Pages
- Maine Intro, 23 reviews, 58 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Carolina Intro, 24 reviews, 50 photos
- New Mexico Intro, 19 reviews, 47 photos
- Orlando Intro, 25 reviews, 36 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Dakota Intro, 17 reviews, 42 photos
- Scotland Intro, 20 reviews, 35 photos
- Florida Intro, 16 reviews, 35 photos
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 13 reviews, 38 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vermont Intro, 17 reviews, 30 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination West Virginia Intro, 11 reviews, 26 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (59)
Top North Dakota hotels
- Bismarck Hotels
- 57 Reviews - 65 Photos
- Fargo Hotels
- 103 Reviews - 155 Photos
- Grand Forks Hotels
- 39 Reviews - 60 Photos
- Grafton Hotels
- 6 Hotels
- Dickinson Hotels
- 9 Reviews - 17 Photos
- Medora Hotels
- 15 Reviews - 21 Photos
- Williston Hotels
- 4 Reviews - 14 Photos
- Lake Sakakawea State Park Hotels
- See nearby hotels
- Minot Hotels
- 14 Reviews - 8 Photos
- Bowman Hotels
- 2 Reviews - 7 Photos
- Forman Hotels
- 4 Reviews - 8 Photos
- New Town Hotels
- 1 Hotel
- Rugby Hotels
- 1 Review - 1 Photo
- Turtle River State Park Hotels
- 1 Review - 5 Photos
- Belfield Hotels
- 1 Review