"North Carolina , my second favorite State" Top 5 Page for this destination North Carolina by Florida999

North Carolina Travel Guide: 4,696 reviews and 10,130 photos

North Carolina

I love North Carolina and we visit this State often. North Carolina has just about everything, skiing in the winter, hiking in the summer, a lot of beach , and some other great things to do. What's good for us is that you can get there from here in a day.

We have visited the entire State and while I love all of it, I think the area in the north-west corner, near Boone and the border to Tennessee is my favorite since it has all of the ski slopes and Grandfather Mountain. We just went there again, this time we went to the Highland Games which was a lot of fun.

The Blue Ridge Parkway is a great place to find hiking trails, like the one in the photo.

The Great Smokey Mountain National Park is my favorite NP in the Eastern U.S. ( so far). If you visit, you will see why they are called "smokey" mountains, the clouds often look like smoke. It rains a lot there and everything is very green.

• Pros:Mountains, ocean and nice people!
  • Cons:Can't think of any!! ok-too many other Floridians....:-)
  • Last visit to North Carolina: Jul 2009
  • Intro Updated Sep 3, 2009

• ViajesdelMundo's Profile Photo
    Nov 19, 2012 at 9:13 AM

Good overview, and brings back some good memories for me too; especially Blue Ridge Parkway.....1960s.

• slothtraveller's Profile Photo
    May 11, 2012 at 3:15 PM

Great North Carolina page, Sophia! The Linville Falls look like a great place to spend a New Years Day, especially as you had the place all to yourselves! :)

• RickinDutch's Profile Photo
    Oct 28, 2011 at 10:04 AM

Great NC tips! My sister just moved here from TX and she is loving it. I'll have to go visit. Skiing and highland games - who knew?

• Donna_in_India's Profile Photo
    Aug 7, 2010 at 4:20 AM

I used to live just outside Boone in Zionville (on TN border). Still have family there - just returned from a visit this past Monday.

• goutammitra's Profile Photo
    Aug 3, 2009 at 6:45 PM

What a wonderful place for skiing! I would love to visit this place some day! The ferry of US is so clean , modern and wide. I liked the viila.

• margaretvn's Profile Photo
    Aug 10, 2008 at 4:52 AM

enjoyed your page which i found while looking for ideas for our upcoming trip to the States

• Faiza-Ifrah's Profile Photo
    Nov 2, 2007 at 7:45 PM

some beautiful destinations are covered here with xclent pics. i liked showing family in the pics. i am glad that some other VTers show their members like i do. i am not guilty anymore :-)

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Feb 15, 2007 at 12:02 PM

Great Smokey Mountains are my fondest memories of childhood! Superior presentation of North Carolina, especial of Beech Mountains, Blue Ridge Parkway, the Outer Banks, as well as the Smokey Mts. Vibrant photos.

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    Jun 7, 2006 at 7:43 AM

Now Norht Carolina and Orlando is not so far from me since I've got acquainted with your page. Thanks!

• Astrobuck's Profile Photo
    May 23, 2006 at 1:22 AM

Great Pages!! Reading your NC pages brought tears to my eyes!! I have very many fond memories, especially of the General Store in Valle Cucis...I love that place!!

Florida999 Visits Here Frequently!

Badges & Stats in North Carolina

Have you been to North Carolina?

Latest Activity in North Carolina