"North Carolina , my second favorite State" Top 5 Page for this destination North Carolina by Florida999
North Carolina Travel Guide: 4,696 reviews and 10,130 photos
I love North Carolina and we visit this State often. North Carolina has just about everything, skiing in the winter, hiking in the summer, a lot of beach , and some other great things to do. What's good for us is that you can get there from here in a day.
We have visited the entire State and while I love all of it, I think the area in the north-west corner, near Boone and the border to Tennessee is my favorite since it has all of the ski slopes and Grandfather Mountain. We just went there again, this time we went to the Highland Games which was a lot of fun.
The Blue Ridge Parkway is a great place to find hiking trails, like the one in the photo.
The Great Smokey Mountain National Park is my favorite NP in the Eastern U.S. ( so far). If you visit, you will see why they are called "smokey" mountains, the clouds often look like smoke. It rains a lot there and everything is very green.
- Pros:Mountains, ocean and nice people!
- Cons:Can't think of any!! ok-too many other Floridians....:-)
Some of the smaller towns in the U.S. do just a great a job celebrating holidays as larger ones. We spent the 4th of... more travel advice
One of the must fun places in the Smokey Mountain National Park. You can rent tubes , and go tubing down the river.... more travel advice
- See All Spruce Pine Gem Mining
- Blue Ridge Parkway Driving
- Outdoor gear for Smokey Mountains
Florida999's Related Pages
North Carolina Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "North Carolina"
- "Blue mountains and sandy shores"
- "Carolina in my mind"
- "OBX (Outer Banks) to Great Smoky"
- "North Carolina , my second favorite State"
- "North Carolina Beaches"
- "North Carolina"
- See All...
- Things to Do in North Carolina
- Hotels in North Carolina
- Transportation in North Carolina
- Nightlife in North Carolina
- Restaurants in North Carolina
- Shopping in North Carolina
- Warnings and Dangers in North Carolina
- See All...
Badges & Stats in North Carolina
- 24 Reviews
- 50 Photos
- 5 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to North Carolina?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in North Carolina
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: I Need to Rant"
- Wrote a Review 4th of July Bryson City in North Carolina Local Customs
- Uploaded a Photo to "4th of July Bryson City"
- updated a North Carolina Travel Page "North Carolina , my second favorite State"
- Commented on one of Astrobuck's North Carolina travel pages
Photos in North CarolinaSee All Photos (50)
Top 10 Pages
- India Intro, 19 reviews, 80 photos
- Maine Intro, 23 reviews, 58 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Carolina Intro, 24 reviews, 50 photos
- New Mexico Intro, 19 reviews, 47 photos
- Orlando Intro, 26 reviews, 36 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Dakota Intro, 17 reviews, 42 photos
- Scotland Intro, 20 reviews, 35 photos
- Florida Intro, 16 reviews, 35 photos
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 13 reviews, 38 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vermont Intro, 17 reviews, 30 photos