"Florida" Florida by Florida999
Florida Travel Guide: 20,936 reviews and 45,462 photos
I really need to update this page, it was one of the first ones I made on VT.
No, I was not born here....but , I feel like it is my home State, since I have lived most of my life here. I really am very tired of the heat and would very much love to move to New England, but as for now , we are stuck here because of jobs....
BUT, Florida is still a great place to visit!
I love the beaches, haven't been anywhere that had nicer ones.
Many people come here for Disney and the rest of the Orlando theme parks, which is fine of course, but I would be happy here without any theme park, just because of the beaches. But, most the time I spent in the city and not at the beach, so the appeal of this State is wearing off...I miss the snow.
The beach on the Gulf coast is different from the beach on the Atlantic coast, and the beach in the Keys is different from both.
The Gulf Coast beaches have clearer water and almost no waves, the Atlantic is better if you want to surf, or fish. The Keys are great for snorkeling with the reefs and the very clear blue water.
Florida has many great State and local Parks to camp and hike in. Many of them you can see lots of wildlife, be careful that it won't eat you....( watch out for gators).
There is also Everglades National Park in the southern part of the State.
My favorite forest is the Ocala National Forest.
Favorite State Parks: Anastasia , Bahia Honda ( Keys)
Other favorite Parks : Juniper Springs ( Ocala) , Fort Desoto ( St. Petersburg), Deleon Springs
- Pros:Nice State- Beautiful Beaches
- Cons:Too hot and muggy most of the year!! No snow at all
Absolutely beautiful place ! We went camping there at the end of October. Too early for manatees ( they don't get to... more travel advice
We didn't actually stay there, but have driven by this large pink resort many times, so I took a photo...... I added a... more travel advice
Florida999's Related Pages
Florida Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome to Sunny Florida"
- "FLORIDA THEME PARKS FUN - LIFES A BEACH"
- "Rich Tapestry of Sand, Wetlands, & Forests"
- "Come to the Sunshine State"
- "Finding Florida, Today and the Way It Was"
- "Jefie's first visit to Southwest Florida!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Florida
- Hotels in Florida
- Transportation in Florida
- Nightlife in Florida
- Restaurants in Florida
- Shopping in Florida
- Warnings and Dangers in Florida
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Florida
- 41 Reviews
- 71 Photos
- 72 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Florida?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Florida
Top 10 Pages
- Maine Intro, 23 reviews, 58 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Carolina Intro, 24 reviews, 50 photos
- New Mexico Intro, 19 reviews, 47 photos
- Orlando Intro, 25 reviews, 36 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Dakota Intro, 17 reviews, 42 photos
- Scotland Intro, 20 reviews, 35 photos
- Florida Intro, 16 reviews, 35 photos
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 13 reviews, 38 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vermont Intro, 17 reviews, 30 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination West Virginia Intro, 11 reviews, 26 photos
Top Florida hotels
- Orlando Hotels
- 3082 Reviews - 5778 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos
- Key West Hotels
- 2025 Reviews - 3979 Photos
- Miami Beach Hotels
- 1031 Reviews - 2075 Photos
- Kissimmee Hotels
- 181 Reviews - 351 Photos
- Fort Lauderdale Hotels
- 656 Reviews - 1376 Photos
- Miami Hotels
- 1255 Reviews - 2872 Photos
- Saint Augustine Hotels
- 703 Reviews - 1914 Photos
- Destin Hotels
- 323 Reviews - 379 Photos
- Daytona Beach Hotels
- 225 Reviews - 472 Photos
- Fort Walton Beach Hotels
- 151 Reviews - 376 Photos
- Saint Augustine Beach Hotels
- 21 Reviews - 109 Photos
- Fort Myers Beach Hotels
- 123 Reviews - 254 Photos
- Jacksonville Hotels
- 393 Reviews - 736 Photos
- Naples Hotels
- 271 Reviews - 663 Photos