"Colorado" Colorado by Florida999

Colorado Travel Guide: 5,615 reviews and 11,863 photos

Intro to Colorado

This page is still under construction!

We visited several areas in Colorado, all of them great: First we camped near Buena Vista. The area is a great place for hiking. Many of the 14ners are there, including Mount Princeton, which we hiked up some of the way. Afterwards we relaxed at the Princeton Hot Springs. We went riding, and visited a ghost town.

The second stop was Colorado Springs. We drove up Pikes Peak, went to the Garden of the Gods, the zoo, and the Olympic Training Center. Colorado Springs would be the place in Colorado I would actually like to live.

Last stop: the Rocky Mountain National Park. What an experience! I have never seen so many animals in my life, just everywhere. The views were incredible and we hiked a lot.
The only bad thing was the traffic in the park.

• Pros:Best Mountains, most animals
  • Cons:You have to get used to the altitude
  • In a nutshell:No other place like it!
  • Last visit to Colorado: Jul 2004
  • Intro Updated May 11, 2006

• goutammitra's Profile Photo
    Oct 3, 2009 at 7:16 PM

Absolutely stunning place! I like hiking, but yes I agree with you, you need to be physically strong and fit. Beautiful tips and the place.

• sourbugger's Profile Photo
    Dec 15, 2006 at 5:10 AM

absolutely sunning looking place. i wish i had more time when i was there

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Oct 18, 2006 at 1:12 PM

What great views you got from your hikes the Rockies look stunning in Colorado & I would love to encounter the animals

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    Jun 17, 2006 at 12:25 AM

Thanks Silke, for your interesting tips and pics. We russians know Colorado only owing to "western" films. Everybody knows such a beautiful song: "Oh, Colorado my Colorado! And my true servant - a carbine!"

• sim1's Profile Photo
    May 11, 2006 at 12:11 PM

I would love to go here!!! It looks like such a beautiful place!

• stevezero's Profile Photo
    May 8, 2006 at 2:26 PM

Looks like a nice part of the US. greets from UK

• 850prc's Profile Photo
    May 2, 2006 at 6:27 PM

RMNP is a treasure, isn't it? I love Colorado...used to live there. I hate what development has done to Colorado Springs, though. All of those hideous condominiums. Arrrgh. :)

Badges & Stats in Colorado

Have you been to Colorado?

Latest Activity in Colorado