"Skaftafell National Park" Top 5 Page for this destination Skaftafell by Melanie88
Skaftafell Travel Guide: 64 reviews and 171 photos
Skaftafell National Park, established in 1964, encompasses two thirds of the Vatnajokull glacier in the Southeast section of Iceland. At 656 square miles, the Park is Iceland's second largest national park. There are many attractions to visit in the park. My favorite was Svartifoss (Means Black Falls) You can also see a video that shows the damage caused by a flood that occured in 1996 because a volcano erupted beneath the glacier. There are many hiking trails, waterfalls and of course the glaciers.
The Vatnajokull Glacier, with of average thickness of over 1300 feet, is the largest glacier in Europe. It was not... more travel advice
The Sel farmhouse is owned and maintained by the National Museum of Iceland. This sod farmhouse was a manor farm; and at... more travel advice
Melanie88's Related Pages
Skaftafell Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Skaftafell National Park"
- "The Handsome Looking Svartifoss !"
- "National Park"
- "Vatnajokull - close and personal"
- "Skaftafell a cool place to be"
- "Reaching the top of Iceland"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Skaftafell
- 5 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Skaftafell?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Skaftafell
Photos in SkaftafellSee All Photos (21)
Top 10 Pages
- Bonifacio Intro, 12 reviews, 50 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pigeon Forge Intro, 16 reviews, 45 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ischia Intro, 9 reviews, 32 photos
- Charleston Intro, 6 reviews, 28 photos
- Gatlinburg 5 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Skaftafell Intro, 5 reviews, 21 photos
- Isola Maddalena Intro, 5 reviews, 19 photos
- Iceland Intro, 2 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vík í Mýrdal Intro, 7 reviews, 13 photos
- Savannah Intro, 3 reviews, 16 photos