"My Hometown" Lunas by eslim_81

Lunas Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 13 photos

Home is the safest and most comfortable place to be. I live in LUNAS since I was born 25 years ago. It is a small town in KULIM district which is located near the boundary between Kedah and Penang states.

People here live a simple life. They do not fight and compete for earning more money. They tend to their own small businesses just for sustaining their lives. The elders sit by the tall trees exchanging their stories of lives. Children chase after each other, playing hide and seek, flying kites, catching fish by the river..... That's life in LUNAS - a lovely hometown of mine.

Development in KULIM district a few years back had changed the way of life here. Newly built Kulim High-Technology Park about 4 miles from LUNAS had created lots of job opportunities for young people. The population here increased tremendously in the space of just 5 years. The number of schoolchildren rose from about 600 to nearly 1200. Certainly, it's good to develop a lovely rural town. Having said that, I prefer the less developed LUNAS which is free from the smoke and smog from increased traffic. LUNAS is the victim of this new development.

I would love to share some of the pictures of my hometown, updating this page when I have lots more beautiful photos and tips.

This is the scenery from my backyard in the morning. The beautiful flowers and tall coconut trees make the town fresh and green.

This is the beautiful scenery from the paddy field at JALAN LUNAS in the evening.

• Pros:A beautiful place covers with greenish palm oil trees, rubber trees and paddy fields
  • Cons:Lack of historical buildings and public amenities
  • In a nutshell:An escape from hustle and bustle city life
  • Intro Updated Jun 20, 2006

• lowailing138's Profile Photo
    Nov 20, 2009 at 4:26 AM

I am sorry to learn of your childhood heartache. I am sure your future is a brilliant one. Take good care of your self.

• cachaseiro's Profile Photo
    Jul 11, 2007 at 9:44 AM

nice page about your hometown :O)

• Jerelis's Profile Photo
    Jun 26, 2007 at 1:40 PM

Gheee ... interesting hometown you live in. Hope to read and see some more soon. Thanx for sharing.

• Propermark's Profile Photo
    Oct 6, 2006 at 2:19 AM

I realized now that your childhood was difficult.. hope you're happier now!

• cheekymarieh's Profile Photo
    Aug 22, 2006 at 11:55 PM

Looking forward to visiting Malaysia next year. Not sure if I will get this far north though.

• Rabbityama's Profile Photo
    Jun 26, 2006 at 2:41 PM

Your hometown looks nice, too! Malaysia looks like it has beautiful natural beauty!

• arlequin_g's Profile Photo
    Jun 25, 2006 at 3:15 AM

Other interesting place to visit. Development is good but i means also sacrifice.

• worldkiwi's Profile Photo
    Jun 19, 2006 at 2:15 AM

Interesting details about the hermitage. Nice pictures. Thanks.

• seamandrew's Profile Photo
    Jun 18, 2006 at 2:22 PM

Thanks for sharing your hometown with us. Glad your father survived the cancer as my mother did. Always remember, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger! I think you and your siblings survived a great ordeal!

• l_joo's Profile Photo
    Jun 7, 2006 at 9:11 PM

Hi ES, good to have someone built a Lunas page and told us the stories. The Hermitage tip is very well written, good info.

eslim_81 Lives Here!

eslim_81

“Life is a journey, enjoy the ride”

Badges & Stats in Lunas