"Napoli, Amalfi coast, Sorrento Peninsula..." Top 5 Page for this destination Campania by rubbersoul75
Campania Travel Guide: 4,679 reviews and 12,114 photos
Hard to argue - certainy one of the most famous drives.
Campania in the area of Naples has had a storied history. From early settlment by the Greeks from 800 BC, to Roman Rule, to th demise upon the fall of the Roman Empire... The city of Naples came under Spanish rule in the 1600's, then a short stint under Austrian occupation, some time under French rule before reunification with Italy in 1860, upon which the cities decline began. More recenty, campaigns have been somewhat effective in bringing the quality of the city in line with travelers expecations. Though visiting Naples is not the easiest and not for the faint of heart.. and the city should be avoided if you are not one for the gritty city scene. But if you can handle it, dive in and discover the most vibrant Italian city scene. An authentic slice of Italy. While you're at it, grab a slice of Pizza in this city that invented it.
The surrounding areas of Napoli, particularly the Sorrento Peninsula and islands (Ischia & Capri), are much easier on the traveler. The natural beauty of the coast & islands, the dramatic presence of Vesuvius, and the hectic atmosphere of Naples are surely an intense combination. These qualities, and perhaps the best archeological site on earth all offer something to every traveler.
Perhaps the best all around meal we’ve had in Italy, we’ve had many as we live here. It may have been the circumstances:... more travel advice
John Steinbeck, living in Positano in 1953, wrote that it is difficult to consider Tourism an industry as “there are... more travel advice
rubbersoul75's Related Pages
Campania Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Campania has so much to offer!"
- "From Positano to Salerno: The Amalfi Coast"
- "Campania and The Amalfi Coast"
- "A land of art and history"
- "Napoli, Amalfi coast, Sorrento Peninsula..."
- "Pompeii and Spaccanapoli"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Campania
- Hotels in Campania
- Transportation in Campania
- Nightlife in Campania
- Restaurants in Campania
- Shopping in Campania
- Warnings and Dangers in Campania
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Campania
- 11 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 22 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Campania?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Campania
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tuscany Intro, 42 reviews, 79 photos, 3 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 25 reviews, 53 photos, 2 travelogues
- Germany Intro, 25 reviews, 45 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vicenza Intro, 22 reviews, 34 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Liguria Intro, 13 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Veneto Intro, 14 reviews, 25 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Umbria Intro, 9 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- Italy Intro, 5 reviews, 27 photos, 3 travelogues
- Ferrara Intro, 11 reviews, 18 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Campania Intro, 11 reviews, 15 photos