"Toscana - Quintessential Italia" Top 5 Page for this destination Tuscany by rubbersoul75

Tuscany Travel Guide: 10,392 reviews and 26,433 photos

Tuscany is where it's at

our take on this wonderful slice of Italy.

This region is Italy's most famous and the landscape and towns of Tuscany are much the "typical" impression that many have of Italy.

The area offers much more than Firenze, Red wine, the leaning tower, and romantic hill towns- though these are certainly reasons enough to visit..

Since getting married (way back in 02), was to easy to find an excuse to visit Toscana every year through 09.

A few reasons why...

.. we wouldn't mind continuing to come here every year:
The food, olive oil, wine
The smaller midieval towns
The larger art filled cities
Drives in the rolling hills...
la vita dolce for sure.

Always on the top of our list

In the following tips, you'll find some info on our favorite towns, and a few of the highlights from each.

Also check out the Travel Map of Tuscany that shows Tuscany with locations highlighted, for which we've created tips.

"Traveling is the ruin of all happiness! There's no looking at a building after seeing Italy" - Fanny Burney

• Pros:art, culture, food, countryside
  • Cons:some places are over touristed
  • In a nutshell:hmm
  • Last visit to Tuscany: Nov 2006
  • Intro Updated Apr 27, 2012

• LanaFromRiga's Profile Photo
    Aug 28, 2008 at 3:00 AM

Hi! Thank you fro your Tuscany Page - I found many useful information and enjoied pictures. Amazing!

• Maurizioago's Profile Photo
    Mar 2, 2008 at 2:04 AM

Good page. Ciao!

• hivaoa1's Profile Photo
    Jun 9, 2007 at 8:19 AM

ciao! you should come over here for the palio marinaro, it's very interesting, especially the one in the canals we have. check this out: http://www.paliomarinaro.com/ have a wonderful weekend! ciaoo chiara

• LealaGirl's Profile Photo
    Feb 27, 2007 at 6:34 PM

Great page. Thanks for your tips. Planning my first trip to tuscany this fall!

• Kurtiemon's Profile Photo
    Feb 8, 2007 at 10:03 AM

My wife and I are looking at Tuscany for our 10th wedding anniversary. Your site is most helpful and I have all but decided that this is where we will go. Thank you!

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Feb 1, 2007 at 12:50 AM

Ah what an extensive guide on Tuscany ! I think, one day I'll go back, I was here with my parents as a kid. I especially like your accommodation tips, ahh, staying in monasteries would be great ! thanks :-)

• sue_stone's Profile Photo
    Nov 6, 2006 at 8:32 AM

Fabulous overview of Tuscany!! I love your photos, especially the one of both girls asleep in Montepulciano ; )

• Bernardnoel's Profile Photo
    Jun 28, 2006 at 12:30 PM

Thank you for the great tip and the your profile will give me a lot to look forward to. Am travelling from the 11th of August. Do you know how to go to montgenevre from Milan.?

• madamx's Profile Photo
    Jun 16, 2006 at 10:28 PM

Thanks for the very informative Tuscany page; beautiful interior pic of the Duomo. We may be staying in Fiesole for a bit next year. ~ Helen

• icunme's Profile Photo
    May 23, 2006 at 2:47 AM

Great photos and information in your tips - you are so lucky those to lovely little girls take you along with them. I'll return again. Ciao, Carol

rubbersoul75

“You may have the universe if I may have Italy - Verdi”

Badges & Stats in Tuscany

Have you been to Tuscany?

Latest Activity in Tuscany