"Asolo" Top 5 Page for this destination Asolo by rubbersoul75
Asolo Travel Guide: 26 reviews and 64 photos
... City of 100 Horizons, as it is known. This is a gem of a town, about 15km east of Bassano Del Grappa. Like a Tuscan hill town dropped at the foot of the Dolomites, it is a very well-preserved, walled medieval town, with nice architecture, shops, restaurants. You can enjoy views below to the plains and above to the castle and Dolomites.
The town does not appear in many English guide books, though we noticed a number of German speaking (German and Austrian) tourists.
It is linked to Treviso and Bassano by regular buses.
Some notable writers have spent time in Asolo, including poet Robert Browning who titled one of his volumes "Asolondo".
This is an Italian verb coined after the town, meaning "to partake in pleasurable aimlessness". I think we're all good at that.
- Pros:quaint, clean, classic Italy
- Cons:Not the easiest to get to/park
Well, we chose this restaurant for the view. Eating out on the terrace, above the city was great as the weather was... more travel advice
The city is loaded with a variety of great architecture. From gothic, to the Venetian style, there are a great number... more travel advice
rubbersoul75's Related Pages
Asolo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Hidden Jewel Near Venice"
- "Asolo, A quick GET AWAY from city life"
- "Town of solitude"
- "Asolo:the love of D'Annunzio and Eleonora Duse"
- "if you are escaping from Venice..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Asolo
- Hotels in Asolo
- Transportation in Asolo
- Restaurants in Asolo
- Shopping in Asolo
- See All...
Explore the World
- Houston Heights Hotels
- Muhafazat Janub Sina'
- Freiburg im Breisgau
- Ausable Chasm
- Usina Beach Hotels
- Chennai (Madras)
- Province of Mindoro Oriental
- Greater Accra Region Hotels
- Pulau Sibu Kukus Hotels
- Silver Spring Hotels
- Forestville Hotels
- Puerto Princesa
Badges & Stats in Asolo
- 8 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Asolo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Asolo
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tuscany Intro, 42 reviews, 79 photos, 3 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 25 reviews, 53 photos, 2 travelogues
- Germany Intro, 25 reviews, 45 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vicenza Intro, 22 reviews, 34 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Liguria Intro, 13 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Veneto Intro, 14 reviews, 25 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Umbria Intro, 9 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- Italy Intro, 5 reviews, 27 photos, 3 travelogues
- Ferrara Intro, 11 reviews, 18 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Campania Intro, 11 reviews, 15 photos