"Murano - Venetian Island of Glass" Top 5 Page for this destination Murano by rubbersoul75
Murano Travel Guide: 102 reviews and 327 photos
Murano lies just north of Venice proper, but is part of Venice along with a handful of other lagoon Islands.
The island has been the center of the Venetian glass making industry since 1291. In this year, all the glass making factories were moved to this Island to keep an potential fires Isolated.
It is an Island of many islands- like Venice, it is canals and bridges, no vehicle traffic.
Just about every shop on the Island centers around the Glass industry. You can get free demonstrations of glassblowing, and there is a very impressive glass Museum here - Museo Vetrario - worth a visit.
One of the pretiest and most unique Designs.
- Pros:more intimate than Venice proper
- Cons:not much to look at beside glass!
There are a few ways to get to the Island. The cheapest is a free ride from one of the Glass factories that shuttle... more travel advice
There are three major Canals of Murano: Canal Grande Di Murano (which turns into Canal Degli Angeli) Rio Dei Vetrai... more travel advice
rubbersoul75's Related Pages
Murano Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Murano - More than just the Island of Glass"
- "Murano - Venetian Island of Glass"
- "The Glass Island"
- "Famous for Glass"
- "Murano, In Vitro, In Vivo"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Murano
- Hotels in Murano
- Transportation in Murano
- Nightlife in Murano
- Restaurants in Murano
- Shopping in Murano
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Murano
- 7 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Murano?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Murano
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tuscany Intro, 42 reviews, 79 photos, 3 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 25 reviews, 53 photos, 2 travelogues
- Germany Intro, 25 reviews, 45 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vicenza Intro, 22 reviews, 34 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Liguria Intro, 13 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Veneto Intro, 14 reviews, 25 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Umbria Intro, 9 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- Italy Intro, 5 reviews, 27 photos, 3 travelogues
- Ferrara Intro, 11 reviews, 18 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Campania Intro, 11 reviews, 15 photos