"Windhoek - Our own little hill "country"" Top 5 Page for this destination Windhoek by Edla
Windhoek Travel Guide: 228 reviews and 842 photos
I live and work in Windhoek, actually I was born here. So i'd like to share with you all I can about Windhoek and the things to do here.
I perhaps need to mention here, that Windhoek isn't exactly the place for "typical touristy" things, like seeing animals or camping. You can however still have a great time and there are a couple of lodges and restaurants that will make your stay just as enjoyable. Like a Canadian VT friend says; After two weeks of being in the bush one just needs a little bit of "civilisation" to unwind before going back to the hectic life back home.
So Windhoek provides that perfect transition between seriously rural and seriously urban :)
This year was the first year we received so much rain. We were soooo excited...obviously the tourists were not impressed :) They had come for serious sunshine and we were thrlled with our cloudy skies :)
I love the sunset over the hills!
This B&B is in town centre, meaning you do not need a car. However the rooms do not have TV, Telephones or internet.... more travel advice
This is not a tourist trip per se, it's just that tourists will take this expensive means of travel thinking it's the... more travel advice
Edla's Related Pages
Windhoek Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "QUIET AND ORDERLY"
- "Windhoek - Our own little hill "country""
- "Windhoek, the capital of Namibia"
- "A city that holds a small corner of my heart"
- "Windhoek, Capital of Namibia"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Windhoek
- Hotels in Windhoek
- Transportation in Windhoek
- Nightlife in Windhoek
- Restaurants in Windhoek
- Shopping in Windhoek
- Warnings and Dangers in Windhoek
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Windhoek
- 16 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 24 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Windhoek?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Windhoek
Photos in WindhoekSee All Photos (17)
Top 5 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Windhoek Intro, 16 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Santa Monica Intro, 6 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Los Angeles Intro, 4 reviews, 11 photos
- Swakopmund Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Waterberg Platopark Intro, 4 reviews, 11 photos