"Mexico for Cruise Ships" Top 5 Page for this destination Majahual by DEBBBEDB
Majahual Travel Guide: 32 reviews and 117 photos
The cruise industry calls this place Costa Maya. Costa Maya is a small tourist region in the municipality of Othón P. Blanco in the state of Quintana Roo, Mexico, the only state with Caribbean Sea
The closest town on VT is the tiny town of Majahual
The fishing village of Mahahual is only about 1.9 miles away from the cruise ship dock. Cruise ships can easily be seen from the village. Mahahual has soft sand beaches, grass thatched palapas, and a coral reef a short distance off-shore called Banco Chinchorro, as well as several bars, restaurants, and shops. A new development called New Mahahual is being created directly inland from the port. When ships are in port, the village is busy with cruise passengers.
The port sustained heavy damage due to Hurricane Dean in August 2007. This included the dock designed for cruise ships. By 2008 the port was back in business. The port has a new and modern tourist shopping mall. The center has a central plaza with saltwater pools and 'swim-up' style bars. There are several jewellery stores and many small shops selling ubiquitous souvenir items. It is generally open only to cruise ship passengers.
DEBBBEDB's Related Pages
Majahual Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Jungle Port-of-call"
- "Much more than a cruise stop-MUCH more"
- "Majahual, Quintana Roo, Mexico & the Costa Maya"
- "Costa Maya (Majahual)"
- "Mexico for Cruise Ships"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Majahual
- Hotels in Majahual
- Transportation in Majahual
- Restaurants in Majahual
- Shopping in Majahual
- Warnings and Dangers in Majahual
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Majahual
- 1 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (24)
Have you been to Majahual?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Majahual
Photos in MajahualSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Venice Intro, 25 reviews, 155 photos, 5 travelogues
- Washington D.C. Intro, 22 reviews, 108 photos
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 17 reviews, 96 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sydney Intro, 13 reviews, 73 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hawaii Volcanoes National Park Intro, 12 reviews, 61 photos
- Paris Intro, 13 reviews, 55 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 11 reviews, 52 photos, 5 travelogues
- Denver Intro, 11 reviews, 51 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cheltenham Intro, 8 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- Salt Lake City Intro, 7 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue