"Balloon Capitol of Texas" Plano by DEBBBEDB
Plano Travel Guide: 84 reviews and 154 photos
Plano's nickname is the Balloon Capital of Texas because each September it hosts balloon races. There is one daily newspaper, the Plano Daily Star Courier, and one radio station. In 2000 Plano had 7,726 businesses and 222,030 inhabitants. It also has corporate headquarters for a number of corporations including the one that my husband works for.
According to the Handbook of Texas, in 1852 the town considered Forman (for one of the early settlers) and Fillmore (for President Millard Fillmore), as possible names, but they were not approved as names. Dr. Henry Dye suggested Plano, Spanish for "flat," because he thought it meant "plain".
DEBBBEDB's Related Pages
Plano Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Corporate Headquarters"
- "Plano is home to the RICH and Famous."
- "Plain 'Ol Plano"
- "Keeweechic's Plano"
- "Balloon Capitol of Texas"
- "ladygolfer's new Plano Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Plano
- Hotels in Plano
- Transportation in Plano
- Nightlife in Plano
- Restaurants in Plano
- Shopping in Plano
- Warnings and Dangers in Plano
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Plano
- 1 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (25)
Have you been to Plano?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Plano
Top 10 Pages
- Venice Intro, 25 reviews, 151 photos, 5 travelogues
- Washington D.C. Intro, 22 reviews, 104 photos
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 17 reviews, 96 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sydney Intro, 13 reviews, 74 photos, 2 travelogues
- Hawaii Volcanoes National Park Intro, 12 reviews, 61 photos
- London Intro, 11 reviews, 51 photos, 5 travelogues
- Denver Intro, 11 reviews, 51 photos
- Paris Intro, 13 reviews, 44 photos, 2 travelogues
- Key West Intro, 12 reviews, 40 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cheltenham Intro, 8 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues