"Three Sisters" DEBBBEDB's Profile
We are three sisters who are collaberating on our travels for VT. This picture has BB (Barb) on the left, EDB (Beth) in the center and DEB (Debbie) on the right. This is in the same order as we are in the passport picture.
Our grandmother had these pastels done when we were between 2 and 4 years of age. Hung in her house, they were in order of age so DEB is the oldest and Beth is the youngest.
The other thing my grandmother did for us was take us on trips with her.
DEB went to Australia, New Zealand and Tahiti in 1974
BB went to Europe (Germany, Austria, Switzerland, France and the UK) in 1976 and
Beth went to China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Japan and Hawaii in 1979.
Geographically we are pretty spread out. Currently DEB lives in Maryland, but she was on a job exchange to England for several years. She lived in Cheltenham and did a lot of sightseeing in Europe, including hosting her sisters and grandmother for visits. Now she's traveling in the US, including their usual beach getaway to Bethany in Delaware, visiting the Washington D.C. Mall at Christmas, and camping with her youngest son's scout troop.
In 2008, her daughter got married in CT and the whole family attended the wedding.
Barb has a vacation home in the mountains of NC where she often goes for Christmas. But she lives in Miami.
She usually takes a vacation somewhere once a year. Now that her sister DEB is back in the states, she sometimes goes places with her son's baseball team in the summer.
In 2008, the first trip was when her son's grandmother took him to Barcelona and Italy on a cruise ship. Then in June, she took a trip out west to Jackson Hole, the Tetons, Yellowstone, Big Sky Montana and South Dakota. Finally she went to DEB's daughter's wedding in August 2008
and Beth lives in TX. Most of her trips are related to visiting her parents or doing 'business' trips where she judges or shows Paso Fino horses. She did get to visit her sister in England in 2002, and she went to her cousin's wedding in upper NY state, and her nieces wedding in CT.
This was taken at Beth's wedding. Deb's husband on the left, Beth's in the middle and Barb's on the right.
Taken October 2007.
Barb's children are the two on the left - the boy age 13 and in the 8th grade. The girl sitting on the railing is almost 8 and in the 2nd grade.
Deb's children are in the middle - tall man with a beard age 27, boy in the red shirt sitting on the railing, age 13 and in the 7th grade, and the girl in the maroon shirt, age 25 and engaged to be married.
Beth's children are the other three. The little girl in the purple shirt is 6.5 and in first grade. The baby will be two, and the boy holding the baby is almost 10.
Family reunion 2009
Seated front L-R
Boy in blue Deb's youngest age 15 and 9th grade. On his lap is Beth's youngest who will be 4 in December. Next the boy in green is Beth's oldest - age 12 and in the 6th grade, and her middle daughter with the purple turtleneck, 3rd grade age 8.5.
Standing: Beth in tan, Barb in green, in back of Barb her oldest son age 15 and 10th grade. In front of Barb, the girl in yellow, is Barb's daughter, age 10 and 4th grade. Behind the girl in yellow is our brother (man with beard in blue) and his two children a girl in a red sweater (age 13 and 8th grade) and a boy in green striped shirt (age 16 and grade 11). On the right is DEB's oldest daughter (age 27 and married) with DEB on the right end. Deb's older son couldn't get off work.
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 538 Reviews
- 2,296 Photos
- 24 Countries
- 158 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (29)
- Wrote a Review Art Museum in Okinawa Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Art Museum"
- Posted in Travel Caribbean and Central America Forum "Re: An island for a week visit"
- Commented on one of grandmaR's Curaçao tips
- created a New York City Travel Page "Scout Group Visit"
- Commented on the Titusville Off The Beaten Path travel guide
updated their Profile Page "Three Sisters"
- Uploaded a Video to Beerwah
- DEBBBEDB and grandmaR are now friends.
VideosSee All Videos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Venice Intro, 25 reviews, 151 photos, 5 travelogues
- Washington D.C. Intro, 22 reviews, 104 photos
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 17 reviews, 96 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sydney Intro, 13 reviews, 74 photos, 2 travelogues
- Hawaii Volcanoes National Park Intro, 12 reviews, 61 photos
- London Intro, 11 reviews, 51 photos, 5 travelogues
- Denver Intro, 11 reviews, 51 photos
- Paris Intro, 13 reviews, 44 photos, 2 travelogues
- Key West Intro, 12 reviews, 40 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cheltenham Intro, 8 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues