"Elegant surroundings in Old World Style" San Benedetto del Tronto by Alex-Perth
San Benedetto del Tronto Travel Guide: 39 reviews and 80 photos
San Benedetto is one of the main holiday resorts in the southern Marche It has a wide promenade with over 7,000 palm trees giving it a holiday feel of being in the tropics. Also Pink and White Oleanders are plentiful in this place giving bursts of colours in between the palm trees...
It is also a thriving town that doubles as one of the most important fishing ports on Italy's Adriatic coast.
In summer this is a popular resort, but I was there at the begining of summer and it was still pretty packed... Late afternoon the promenade fills with locals and tourist riding their bikes or strolling along, but with 8km of wide sandy beach with palms trees actually growing in the sand there is plenty of space for everyone.
San Benedetto is primarily old-town elegance, but it is also a lively place with nightlife that you wouldn't believe... The restaurants that fill the white sandy beaches transforms into nightclubs from midnight and are spectacular... The only problem you will have is which one to choose!!!
What a better way to be shown around The Marche than with a good friend in his convertible... San Benedetto was our first night on the town where we enjoyed the summer night driving around... They call that "Un Giro" meaning "Go around" and around and around...
We stopped here for a wine and some nibbles. Something that all the bars and restaurants do. The plate of nibbles come in a vary of different fare... Very tasty, but don't eat too much cos you have to have room for dinner... I can't remember the name of this restaurant, but it was at the end of the piazza near the water...
- Pros:Strolling around with the Best Gelati
- Cons:Lots of people...
- In a nutshell:Always lovely to visit and eat great Pizza and Yummy Gelati
Alex-Perth's Related Pages
San Benedetto del Tronto Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My town: la "Riviera delle Palme""
- "San Benedetto del Tronto"
- "Elegant surroundings in Old World Style"
- See All...
- Things to Do in San Benedetto del Tronto
- Hotels in San Benedetto del Tronto
- Nightlife in San Benedetto del Tronto
- Restaurants in San Benedetto del Tronto
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in San Benedetto del Tronto
- 0 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to San Benedetto del Tronto?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in San Benedetto del Tronto
Top 10 Pages
- Perth Intro, 15 reviews, 74 photos, 3 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 8 reviews, 34 photos
- Spain 7 photos
- New York City Intro, 3 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 3 photos
- Los Angeles Intro, 3 photos
- Vancouver Intro, 3 photos
- Montreal Intro, 3 photos
- Melbourne Intro, 3 photos
- Phoenix Intro, 3 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (35)
Latest San Benedetto del Tronto hotel reviews
- B&B Skipper
- 7 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 4, 2013