"Anyone up for Coffee, Tea or a Hike?" touristgal's Profile

Hello fellow travelers of this life,

What a great site! I am one of those people who love looking at people's vacation photos. The photos on this site entertain me and give me insite to the world.

I had traveled for a living almost 3 decades. The people that I have met on the way have made me who I am. I am friends with most still today. I have worked as a Flight Attendant for over 33 years. Wished I stayed with one company...then I could have a retirement. But flew charters, cooked on private gulfstreams for 10 years and now I work corporate charters and sports.

I love love love music. All kinds, well that said, no not all kinds. I don't like big band or show tunes. I love classical, rock, indie, pop country, rap and jazz. Yes, you heard rap and country in the same sentence. Country was new to me a few years ago and I loved the stories within the songs. But after a few years of listening, I missed a beat. That my dear friends, Rap brought to me, a beat. I do go support young bands and I like the classical nights out on the town. In fact, just going to a music store and putting on those headphones, takes me away.

Also love cities to revive my mind. Give me NYC any day. Someday, I would love to live there for at least 3 months. Rome is not just Rome to me, but it is Roma. Paris, Barcelona, and Shanghi make me happy to be alive. Then I need Nature to restore my soul. I am a land lover. Not a beach lover. I can watch the sunset setting on an ocean, but I don't want to be in the water or touch the sand. But I like the night life that is around areas of beautiful beaches. Give me the beauty of Lake Tahoe, an open field in Ireland, flowers growing on the side of a hill in Sunvalley, ID, the big sky country of Montana, the early sunset in the Artic Circle, Spring time in Alaska, a train ride from Cusco to Macho Piccu, the west coast mountain range are places that touch me. The beauty of the Pacific Northwest always brings a sense of awe to me Finally made it up to Banff and Lake Louise. That place brought up the power of nature!

Two very special places that have changed me for the rest of my life and has seared my soul for 1000 years are Palma de Mallorca, Spain and Aci Castello, Italy. I must go back to these places often. I feel empty when close enough to be there but I am not there. I was just able to go back to Palma in Feb. 08. I can't tell you how excited I was to take that taxi through the curves of the hills. I found my spot on the jagged cliffs that changed me in 1987. It has left an imprint and the feelings surrounded me when I went back. It is good to be alive!!!!

I use to be crazy over sports. Have gotten away from it, but still enjoy baseball, college football and some hockey. Don't tell my friends who still give me all their season tickets. They think, I like local teams. WRONG! I do go to the local games, but root for the Oregon Ducks, Sanford, SF Giants, Dodgers and San Jose Sharks . All over the map on that one. I love going to sporting events all over the world. Got crushed in a crowd in Monte Carlo, so a bit scared of Soccer matches now.

My friends and children are important to me. I don't have any children of my own. But got to help raise a few little girls. They has changed me into being a better person. Amazing power children have.

I love the arts. I have been writing for quite awhile. I am involved in a film group in SF. I also co produced a film out on Hulu.com called, THE ART OF TRAVEL. Check it out.

I relish meeting VT people. Meet ANU last month up in Finland. Carol from Rome made Roma for me! Thanks all, looking forward to meeting more of you all. Thanks for making the world smaller and much better for me.

I am thank-ful for the beauty of nature, the melody of music, the laughter of friends and the touch of a lover.

Love our local fire station

Brenna and I visit the fire station. She likes to play on the truck. I tell her that only the big girls can play with the hoses.

• Intro Updated Oct 22, 2013

Personal Pages (1)

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
touristgal's Profile Photo

touristgal

“Travel is a good way to meet new friends. We are all the same no matter where we live.”

Real Name