"Rerenga Wairua" Top 5 Page for this destination Cape Reinga by kotitihaere
Cape Reinga Travel Guide: 72 reviews and 160 photos
A culturally significant place, Cape Reinga, or Rerenga Wairua as it is also known, is located at the top of the North Island. While it is not the most northern point of New Zealand, it is the most accessible with the road now sealed all the way.
Wild and spectacular, you can see the colliding of 2 oceans - the Tasman on the west and the Pacific on the east.
To Maori it is the place where the wairua (spirit) of our loved ones depart for their final journey.
This photo was taken while standing at the lighthouse looking down to the Pohutukawa tree. This pohutukawa tree is the only one in Aotearoa (NZ) that never flowers.
- Pros:A great place to reflect on the majesty of nature and the beauty of life.
- Cons:Can be really crowded when the tourist buses arrive.
- In a nutshell:A deeply moving place on all levels if you take the time to soak up the atmosphere.
Although more and more people today are using email and other forms of electronics to keep in touch with others, why not... more travel advice
Tapotupotu and Spirits Bay are close to Rerenga Wairua and provide good surfing with the right conditions. At... more travel advice
- Pristine Locations for Fishing
- See All Cell Phone Reception is Patchy
- See All Kokota Sandspit
- See All The Haunting Sound That Now Greets You
- See All Road Now Sealed All The Way To Cape...
kotitihaere's Related Pages
Cape Reinga Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The end of the world"
- "Cape Reinga and Spirits Bay"
- "Cape Reinga - Top of New Zealand"
- "Rerenga Wairua"
- "Cape Reinga , the top end of NZ."
- "Cape Reinga."
- "Cape Reinga"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cape Reinga
- Hotels in Cape Reinga
- Transportation in Cape Reinga
- Restaurants in Cape Reinga
- Shopping in Cape Reinga
- Warnings and Dangers in Cape Reinga
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cape Reinga
- 28 Reviews
- 27 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Cape Reinga?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cape Reinga
Photos in Cape ReingaSee All Photos (27)
Top 10 Pages
- Ninety Mile Beach Intro, 33 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cape Reinga Intro, 28 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- Houhora Intro, 9 reviews, 12 photos
- Kaitaia Intro, 9 reviews, 5 photos
- Pukenui Intro, 8 reviews, 5 photos
- Ngataki Intro, 6 reviews, 4 photos
- Waipapakauri Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Indonesia 4 reviews, 1 photo
- Kota Kinabalu 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Awanui Intro, 3 reviews, 2 photos