Longyearbyen Hotel Tips by shugoey
Longyearbyen Hotels: 316 reviews and 9 photos
The SAS hotel has a very central location only 100 m from the main shopping area. It has 95 rooms including 24 apartments with several rooms offering views of the Icefjord and Advent Valley. There is a lobby shop open 24 hours, free internet connection, restaurants and a pub. The sauna is open from 4 pm til 11 pm. The hotel can arrange all kinds of activities, but a better option is to go to Spitsbergentravel just across the street and arrange it yourselfs. The rooms are nice and ours had a bathtub.
The breakfast is great and you can have lunch and dinner in the Brasseri Nansen. They serve international dishes and Arctic specialities such as seal, grouse, char and reindeer alongside panoramic views of fjords and mountains. Or you can have a light meal and drinks at the Barents Pub and Spiseri, popular with locals and guests alike.
Unique Qualities: Nice, clean and very friendly staff. The location is very good.
Address: Road 500, Longyearbyen
Comparison: most expensive
Phone: +47 79 02 34 50
More Reviews (6)
shugoey's Related Pages
Longyearbyen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Svalbard Arkipelet ('Cold Coast')"
- "Longyearbyen - the northernmost city of the world"
- "Cruising to Longyearbyen"
- "paradise or in the middel of nowhere"
- "Longyearbyen, the smallest and northermost capital"
- "aah! so refreshing!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Longyearbyen
- Hotels in Longyearbyen
- Transportation in Longyearbyen
- Restaurants in Longyearbyen
- Shopping in Longyearbyen
- Warnings and Dangers in Longyearbyen
- See All...
Explore the World
- Vila Chaumieres Hotel
- Cottage House Hotel
- Holiday Inn Buffalo Downtown
- Osaka Garden Palace
- Aparthotel Santa Maria
- Motel 6 Anaheim Stadium Orange
- Hotel Sofitel Silver Plaza Jinan
- White Swan Hotel
- Quality Inn & Suites Wilmington
- MERCURE HOTEL CHONBURI
- Le Meridien Angkor Hotel
- Stadtkrug Hotel
- Putahracsa Hua Hin Hotel
Badges & Stats in Longyearbyen
- 7 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Longyearbyen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Longyearbyen
Read real reviews about Longyearbyen Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Debark' Intro, 12 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hammerfest Intro, 7 reviews, 17 photos
- Longyearbyen Intro, 7 reviews, 12 photos
- Addis Ababa Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos
- Stavanger Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos
- Lake Nakuru National Park Intro, 1 review, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Munich 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Bergen Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lindau 2 reviews, 6 photos, 1 travelogue
- Boston 7 photos, 1 travelogue