"70 degrees north" Top 5 Page for this destination Hammerfest by shugoey
Hammerfest Travel Guide: 111 reviews and 415 photos
Hammerfest is located at 70 degrees north and the world`s northernmost town. Hammerfest was offically named a town in 1789 and has around 9200 inhabitants.
I have lived and in Hammerfest for just over a year and seen all seasons.
Summer: The summer is short, but the midnight sun makes the days long and enjoyable. We have the midnight sun from 13. May - 29. July.
The reindeers are trekking from the mountains in the spring. You can see them all over town, in the gardens and in the streets.
The town is surrounded by mountains and plateaus which is very good for hiking. As there are almost no threes the views are great. The weather in Hammerfest changes very fast ,even in summer. Remember to bring some warm clothing just in case.
Winter: In winter we don't see the sun from 21. November - 21. January. In the midle of the day there is only a few hours of twilight.
From Hammerfest you can take the fast ferry to Ingoey. Ingoey also has fast ferry connection to Havoeysund. Ingoey is... more travel advice
Take the ferry from Akkarfjord 15 minutes drive from Hammerfest. The ferry only takes 15 minutes to Seiland. Check... more travel advice
shugoey's Related Pages
Hammerfest Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The northenmost city in the world!?"
- "the northernmost town on earth"
- "The northernmost town in the world"
- "70 degrees north"
- "Knoto's new Hammerfest Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hammerfest
- Hotels in Hammerfest
- Transportation in Hammerfest
- Nightlife in Hammerfest
- Restaurants in Hammerfest
- Shopping in Hammerfest
- Warnings and Dangers in Hammerfest
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hammerfest
- 7 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Hammerfest?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hammerfest
Top 10 Pages
- Debark' Intro, 12 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hammerfest Intro, 7 reviews, 17 photos
- Longyearbyen Intro, 7 reviews, 12 photos
- Stavanger Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos
- Addis Ababa Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos
- Lake Nakuru National Park Intro, 1 review, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Munich 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Bergen Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- Lindau 2 reviews, 6 photos, 1 travelogue
- Boston 7 photos, 1 travelogue