"A WINTER WONDERLAND" thisit811's Profile

HOT & HUMID LAND TO THE FREEZING & SNOW LAND

I was born in Bangkok. The Angel City & The Land of Smile, hot, humid as people known. I'm only a son in the family. It doesn't mean I been spoiled by my single-mother. I always been independent and helping another. I lived & growth up in the province of Thonburi, Bhasicharoen District. It called Bangkok now. My native is Samuthprakarn Province near Suvarnabhumi International Airport.
BOMBAY, India was my first trip out of Thailand. I stayed with Dr. Mehta (Sawami) on Little Gibbs Road, behind Malabar Hill Post office for a year then move to Poona; 130 miles south of Bombay. I enrolled to the University of Poona in the faculty of Arts at Ferguson Collage. My major was Political Science. After I graduated I came back to Bangkok, looking for the job. I have been accpeted at Police Department. When my mother heard about it she asked me to turn an offer down because she doesn't like the idea that I will work in police department. As a Thai! we're always respected and take an advice from the parent and older people. I did turn an offer down.
So I desire to move on and want to go to United States of America for a couple of years for master degree or like many people dreamed of USA, it is a "FREELAND" and great opportunities. I landed in New York (JFK Airport) on January 5th, 1972 during heavy snow storm, struck at the airport for several hours to connect flight to Philadelphia.
After a couple of years, living & working and school in Philadelphia. I met my soulmate (Mimi). We decided to joint our life. We went to Las Vegas to get a marriage at Cupid Chapel. We have two doughters (Victoria & Noelle) and two grandchlidren (Shannon Ryan & Tara Ryan). I lived in Philadelphia about 15 years then we decided to buy a new home in South New Jersey just across the Delaware River but we're still working in Philadelphia, travelling by car across Walt Whitman Bridge or Ben Franklin Bridge.
As a present time! Toll fee is $4 when you're leaving from Philadelphia to New Jersey but it's free to come into Philadelphia.

INDEPENDENCE HALL, PENNSLYVANIA

Description:
Independence Hall, in the historic District of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, is one of the most building in US country's history. Known as the birthplace of the United States, the Hall has housed such momentous events as the signing of the Declaration of Independence and the adoption of the Constitution. It was constructed in 1732 as the Pennsylvania State House, and used to contain the seal of England hanging over the large desk in one of the front rooms; later, that seal was taken to City Hall and burned following the decision to go to war for independence.
Address: Chestnut Street between 5th & 6th Street
Hours: Daily: 9am-5pm

CITY OF PHILADELPHIA, PENNSYLVANIA

Philadelphia, a dynamic place where big city excitement meets hometown charm, awaits your arrival. Famous as the birthplace of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, the cradle of liberty offers much more than cobblestone Streets and historical landmarks. Cultural, culinary, artistic and ethnic treasures abound in this city and its surrounding countryside. The fifth-largest city in the country, Philadelphia is a welcomeing place, a city based on freedom of expression.
New and one-of-a-kind attractions, a wealth of art and culture, renowned performing arts, awe-inspiring architecture, a walkable downtown, seemingly endless shopping (no tax on clothes) and a restaurants renaissance that has caught the world's attention all promise to creat an unforgettable Philadelphia experience.
And, of course , the greatest concentration of American history can be found just blocks away at Independence Hall National Historical Park, including the Liberty Bell and Independence Hall.

PHILADELPHIA CHINATOWN

Just a short walk from Philadelphia's historic district is Chinatown. Covering an area from 9th Street to 12th Street and Arch Street to Vine Street. Chinatown is the heart of Philadelphia's Asian community since the mid 1800's
This area is a destination for Asian restaurants and markets. Chinese, Vietnamese and Thai restaurants are abundant. Additionally, Malaysian and Burmese cuisine can also be found here. Asian art and gift shops are also can be found in Chinatown.
Friendship Gate: This many-colored arch decorated with fire-breathing dragons and Oriental lettering was a joint project between Philadelphia and her Chinese sister city Tianjin. Chinese artisans completed the Friendship Gate in 1984 with materials brought from Tianjin.

ATLANTIC CITY

Atlantic City became a second large casino resort in US history after Las Vegas. More than 32.4 million people visit Atlantic City annually. Atlantic City became one of the most pupular destinations in the East Coast of United States.
Atlantic City's four miles of white, sandy beach is clean and well protected.
Atlantic City offers approximately five miles of world -famous Boardwalk lined witrh shops, casinos, restaurants, amusements and outlet shops nearby.
The average daily high/low temperature is: Spring 60/40; Summer 82/64; Fall 66/48; Winter 41/27
Miss America: The pageant has made Atlantic City its home for over 80 years. The first Miss America was crowned in 1921.
Distance:
From Philadelphia 58 miles
From New York 125 miles
From Washington, DC 195 miles
From my home 45 miles. It's too close...hahaha

• Intro Updated Mar 8, 2009

Personal Pages (1)

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
thisit811's Profile Photo

thisit811

“BORN TO TRAVEL=If you see someone without a smile, give one of yours.”

Ranked Member