"An unforgettable trip..." Lisbon by NatassaPL

Lisbon Travel Guide: 5,196 reviews and 12,853 photos

The chance...

July - 1- 2004... i was in Athens for one day business trip and that day was the semi final between Greece - Czech Rep., we won, and i got the decission not to go back in Crete but to go to Portugal. I can t describe the feelings, the joy.... anyway it was Thursday, i didnt have enough clothes, i didnt have my passport , but fortunately my husband said Yes! and he came in athens (with all staff..) and we left for Lisboa on Sunday the 4th July 2004. My sister and brother in law was already there with the tickets of the final game in their hands!
We forgot our camera but we took the pictures from my sisters camera and here we are!

Arriving in Lisboa by plane

Nice place.... i forgot to tell you, that it was the second time in Portugal.
First time was many years ago, but always portugal and portugese give the best impressions. So warm people you cant find anywhere in Europe, they are very kind and nice people.

At the stadium

no words ... only images !!!

• Pros:A very nice country with very warm people
  • Cons:Slow - slow - slow......
  • In a nutshell:Hellas ole-ole den stamato na tragoudo pote oee...Hellas ole-ole....
  • Last visit to Lisbon: Jul 2004
  • Intro Updated May 21, 2006

• Balam's Profile Photo
    Jun 9, 2008 at 3:29 PM

I have been to Portugal a few times but never to Lisbon.Looks like you really enjoyed your trip, I was In Greece for the Final and it was great

• tini58de's Profile Photo
    May 5, 2007 at 7:46 PM

We loved Lisbon as well - truly a great city to visit!!

• barryg23's Profile Photo
    Oct 31, 2006 at 9:53 PM

I remember that game! Must have been fantastic for you when Greece won.

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Aug 24, 2006 at 6:24 AM

Seems you really enjoyed flying in for the game! My wife and I were in Portugal for 2 weeks just before Euro2004 started and I watched the Greece-Portugal game when I got home. Nice aerial view of the Belem waterfront!!

• ettenaj's Profile Photo
    Aug 23, 2006 at 3:44 AM

Buffalo and pork sounds interesting

• easyoar's Profile Photo
    Jun 10, 2006 at 2:19 PM

Why has that Greek guy at the football match (Intro page) got a Finland flag painted on his face ;-))))

Badges & Stats in Lisbon