"Quiet little border town" Ban Houayxai by pesky_tourist
Ban Houayxai Travel Guide: 43 reviews and 135 photos
Nice small-town atmosphere with friendly locals, decent choice of food and good views of Thailand and the Mekong. Virtually all of the backpackers I've talked to are only passing through on their way to Thailand or waiting for the boat down the river. A pity as there are a few good sights in and around town if you have time to stay an extra day or two.
- Pros:Friendly, relaxed atmosphere
- Cons:No nightlife
- In a nutshell:Not just a waypoint
Didn't take good notes for this place other than the mushrooms. A BIG bowl, nearly a meal in itself for Bt100. As with... more travel advice
Had a very tasty chicken breast steak here. Not the usual skinny Asian chicken either! The owner skimped on the fries... more travel advice
pesky_tourist's Related Pages
Ban Houayxai Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Huoayxai, Laos"
- "On the Mekong for slowboat to Luang Prabang"
- "GATEWAY TO LAOS"
- "Ban Houayxai, PDR Lao."
- "Houay Xai, small village on the Mekong"
- "Houayxai is simple town but has unique Thing to do"
- "Quiet little border town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ban Houayxai
- Hotels in Ban Houayxai
- Transportation in Ban Houayxai
- Restaurants in Ban Houayxai
- Warnings and Dangers in Ban Houayxai
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ban Houayxai
- 7 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Ban Houayxai?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ban Houayxai
Top 5 Pages
- Ban Houayxai Intro, 7 reviews, 3 photos
- Miami Beach 4 reviews, 1 photo
- Chiang Khong 5 reviews
- Aranyaprathet 4 reviews
- Vientiane 3 reviews
No friends yet.