"Fort Macleod, Alberta, Canada" Fort Macleod by hawt
Fort Macleod Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 30 photos
The Town of Fort Macleod has many firsts in history. It has the oldest court house in the North West Territories, it has the first golf course in Alberta, and it has the first UNESCO World Heritage Site in the area, that being the world famous Head Smashed In Buffalo Jump. This multi-level facility takes you through the stone age to modern times with side trips into traditional medicine, nutrition, hunting, with societal and family values woven into life.
The Waldron Home was the base of the Waldron Grazing Company where thousands of head of cattle spent happy days of summer upon the range.
The Waldron Home ninety years later, minus the porch, now stands in Pioneer Village In Pincher Creek, Alberta, Canada.
- Pros:Winters are punctuated by Warm Chinook Winds
- Cons:The Chinook Wind can knock you to the ground
- In a nutshell:Prairie Vista of Rocky Mountains
hawt's Related Pages
Fort Macleod Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Head-Smashed-In Buffalo Jump UNESCO Site"
- "A stop along the way..."
- "Just passing by!"
- "The door to Head Smashed In Buffalo Jump"
- "A windy area of Alberta"
- "Fort Macleod, Alberta, Canada"
- "Head Smashed In Buffalo Jump"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Fort Macleod
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Fort Macleod?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Fort Macleod
Photos in Fort MacleodSee All Photos (3)
Top 5 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lethbridge Intro, 9 reviews, 4 photos
- Province of Alberta Intro, 3 photos
- Fort Macleod Intro, 3 photos
- Canada Intro, 1 photo
- Varadero Intro, 1 review