"Three days in Madrid" Madrid by fachd

Madrid Travel Guide: 5,356 reviews and 10,924 photos

Madrid has population of over three million. It is the third largest city in the European Union. It is a business centre where the financial role of banking plays a major key. It is the home of Spanish Parliament which makes Madrid the Political centre and the headquarters for the Public Administration and home of the Royal Family. It is also the place for intellectual, cultural, artistic activity and for lively nightlife.

The architecture of the buildings is related to the cities history. There are influences from the Austrians under the Hapsburgs, French Bourbons. The old power station has been converted to a contemporary design of Caixaforum Madrid with a dramatic vertical garden wall.

After three days in Madrid my memory is like living in the city but not living in the city. It is a compact city. It has many old historical beautifully designed buildings, impressive monuments, fountains, garden statues, churches, and wide avenues, street alleys with restaurants and Tapas bars. Churros diped in dark hot chocolate with great VT members, nice apartments for sale, Spanish roofs, I am hunting for Spanish flag to stick on my cap. Population of people with dark hair.

Madrid has a good metro subway system, fairly easy to find places and important tourist spot are close by. It is an easy and relaxing city. I think is a safe city and on that note I will visit Madrid again when I win a lottery as the Aussie dollar is no match for the Euro dollar.

• Pros:The old buildings, easy city, churros
  • Cons:too many graffities
  • In a nutshell:Plenty to see plenty to do plenty to learn
  • Last visit to Madrid: Apr 2009
  • Intro Updated May 29, 2009

• garridogal's Profile Photo
    Mar 28, 2013 at 12:18 PM

I have almost the identical photos of the Caixaforom on my page; only it's later in the day. ADORE Madrid!

• fachd's Profile Photo
      Mar 28, 2013 at 9:24 PM

Ha ha you're right it is almost identical. Yeah Madrid is a nice city, I love to go back there but I must visit cities I haven't been first, maybe when I visit Barcelona, I'll pop in to Madrid.

• garridogal's Profile Photo
      Mar 29, 2013 at 3:47 AM

And you should check out the off-the-beaten-path Northern part of the country. So beautiful!

• hopang's Profile Photo
    Aug 31, 2009 at 12:14 PM

Madrid is in our list of cities to visit in Europe. It certainly has lots of wonderful tourist attractions such as the cathedral and the squares. Post office and railway station certainly look amazing. We hope to visit Madrid soon. ~ho & pang

• mallyak's Profile Photo
    Jul 1, 2009 at 2:35 PM

Excellent pages!Sounds similar to Barcelona including the graffitie!

• unaS's Profile Photo
    May 28, 2009 at 7:01 AM

Very well done page. Realy enjoyed your writing - different aspect on the same sites. Nice. Makes it hard to wait until September :) Thanks!

• Redang's Profile Photo
    May 24, 2009 at 12:20 AM

Very well done so far; I'll try your dishes if I go to Canberra, lol!

• vpas's Profile Photo
    May 22, 2009 at 4:11 PM

Hi Fari, Nice page.Will wait for more tips.Love to you and kim from me and the kids!

• Jefie's Profile Photo
    May 21, 2009 at 5:03 PM

Nice to see you enjoyed your trip to Madrid, can't wait to read more about it :o) P.S. The graffities bothered me too!

fachd

“Variety is spice of life. The world is full of spice. Enjoy the spice.”

Badges & Stats in Madrid