"Three days in Madrid" Madrid by fachd
Madrid Travel Guide: 5,470 reviews and 11,233 photos
Madrid has population of over three million. It is the third largest city in the European Union. It is a business centre where the financial role of banking plays a major key. It is the home of Spanish Parliament which makes Madrid the Political centre and the headquarters for the Public Administration and home of the Royal Family. It is also the place for intellectual, cultural, artistic activity and for lively nightlife.
The architecture of the buildings is related to the cities history. There are influences from the Austrians under the Hapsburgs, French Bourbons. The old power station has been converted to a contemporary design of Caixaforum Madrid with a dramatic vertical garden wall.
After three days in Madrid my memory is like living in the city but not living in the city. It is a compact city. It has many old historical beautifully designed buildings, impressive monuments, fountains, garden statues, churches, and wide avenues, street alleys with restaurants and Tapas bars. Churros diped in dark hot chocolate with great VT members, nice apartments for sale, Spanish roofs, I am hunting for Spanish flag to stick on my cap. Population of people with dark hair.
Madrid has a good metro subway system, fairly easy to find places and important tourist spot are close by. It is an easy and relaxing city. I think is a safe city and on that note I will visit Madrid again when I win a lottery as the Aussie dollar is no match for the Euro dollar.
- Pros:The old buildings, easy city, churros
- Cons:too many graffities
- In a nutshell:Plenty to see plenty to do plenty to learn
In Madrid I saw a two-wheel battery-powered vehicle which has two wheels connected to the platform. This would be an... more travel advice
In Madrid we only experienced the underground metro, taxi and walking. Madrid has range of public transport. One of the... more travel advice
fachd's Related Pages
Madrid Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "¡Bienvenido a Madrid!/Welcome to Madrid!"
- "Madrid is where I live"
- "Madrid: My home for 3 fantastic weeks!"
- "Home is where you're always from"
- "WONDERFUL MADRID"
- "As we say in Andalucia, Madri"
- "Hablemos de Madrid (Let's talk about Madrid)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Madrid
- Hotels in Madrid
- Transportation in Madrid
- Nightlife in Madrid
- Restaurants in Madrid
- Shopping in Madrid
- Warnings and Dangers in Madrid
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Madrid
- 31 Reviews
- 74 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Madrid?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Madrid
- Posted in Travel Guanajuato Forum "Re: Guanajuato Mexico"
- Commented on one of fachd's Madrid travel pages
- Uploaded a Video to Madrid
- Wrote a Review Cool way to get around Madrid in Madrid Transportation
- Uploaded a Photo to "Cool way to get around Madrid"
- updated a Madrid Travel Page "Three days in Madrid"
Videos in MadridSee All Videos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Tokyo Intro, 48 reviews, 131 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Guanajuato Intro, 29 reviews, 118 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oaxaca de Juárez Intro, 27 reviews, 115 photos
- Moscow Intro, 36 reviews, 95 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Canberra Intro, 32 reviews, 98 photos
- Bali Intro, 26 reviews, 97 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Auckland Intro, 31 reviews, 90 photos
- Krakow Intro, 30 reviews, 88 photos
- Buenos Aires Intro, 24 reviews, 91 photos
- Madrid Intro, 31 reviews, 74 photos