"theosophical society" Adyar by 6aruna
Adyar Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 2 photos
adyar the green area of south chennai lies on the banks of river Adyar.
The theosophical society head quarters is situated here occupying a sprawling area filled with trees.
The society was founded by Henry .S.olcott. He was joined by madame Blavatsky . Annie besant was one of the later presidents.The society was formed on the basic idea that all life forms are the same.
The three declared objectives of the society are
to form a nucleus of universal brotherhood of humanity,without disctinction of race creed sex,caste or colour.
to encourage study of comparative religion,philosophy and science
to investigate unexplained laws of nature and the powers latent in man.
students of any religion or no religion can join and involve in contemplating ,researching and make the world a better place to live in.
6aruna's Related Pages
Adyar Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Adyar
- 1 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Adyar?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Adyar
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Thiruvananthapuram Intro, 25 reviews, 51 photos, 3 travelogues
- State of Andhra Pradesh Intro, 21 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues
- Taiwan Intro, 11 reviews, 48 photos, 2 travelogues
- Hsinchu Intro, 20 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kanniyakumari Intro, 9 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Madurai Intro, 7 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- Vellore Intro, 12 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hyderabad Intro, 10 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pushkar Intro, 9 reviews, 21 photos, 2 travelogues
- State of Kerala Intro, 10 reviews, 18 photos