"Hilversum - in the middle of the Netherlands" Top 5 Page for this destination Hilversum by simonli625
Hilversum Travel Guide: 37 reviews and 94 photos
I have been living in Hilversum since Feb 2006. It is a much smaller town than in Amsterdam and Utrecht. Since the 1920s, Hilversum is the home to the Dutch radio and television industry. Because of that, Hilversum and the surrounding cities like Blaricum, Baarn,Huizen, Naarden, Bussum, and Laren is like the Hollywood in US. There are a lot of bigger nicer houses around this area. A lot of expat families also living here.
Hilversum is nestled in the Het Gooi area and surrounded by woods and lakes and natures.
- Pros:close to nature, bigger houses
- Cons:more expensive, 30 mins from Amsterdam
Nice Thai restaurant near the Centrum area. It is a small thai restaurant with good service and pretty good thai... more travel advice
The sushi are fresh and good. They delivery if the order is over 25 euros. Remember the menu in the website is per stuk... more travel advice
simonli625's Related Pages
Hilversum Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Hilversum - in the middle of the Netherlands"
- "Hilversum Page"
- "The heart of Dutch Radio & Television"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hilversum
- Hotels in Hilversum
- Transportation in Hilversum
- Restaurants in Hilversum
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hilversum
- 4 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Hilversum?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hilversum
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 15 reviews, 37 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 13 reviews, 10 photos
- Istanbul 8 reviews, 13 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 3 reviews, 13 photos
- Barcelona 11 reviews
- Cologne Intro, 3 reviews, 7 photos
- Brussels Intro, 6 reviews, 3 photos
- Stockholm 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Brugge Intro, 2 reviews, 2 photos
- Moscow 2 reviews, 2 photos