"Crosshaven" Crosshaven by ValbyDK
Crosshaven Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 3 photos
Crosshaven is a quiet and peaceful village located where the Owenabue River meets the sea at the mouth of Cork harbour (about 30 kilometres south-east of Cork). It is a small village with a population of estimated 1500 citizens.
The area around Crosshaven is very scenic with many sea, river and land views. Crosshaven is home of the World’s oldest yacht club (the Royal Cork – founded in 1720) and is becoming the blue water sailors' favourite stop-off along Europe's western seaboard.
Besides that Crosshaven offers deep-sea angling, wreck fishing and boat- and yacht charters.
I visited Crosshaven one quiet evening back in 2003 during my stay in Cork. Crosshaven was really beautiful with many yachts in the harbour and out at sea.
My stay in Cork was business related, so I went to Crosshaven with some colleagues and we had dinner at the Cronin’s Pub – a fantastic experience (read my tip).
ValbyDK's Related Pages
Crosshaven Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Crosshaven
- 1 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Crosshaven?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Crosshaven
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copenhagen Intro, 102 reviews, 311 photos, 3 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 22 reviews, 78 photos, 1 travelogue
- Barcelona Intro, 21 reviews, 72 photos
- Vienna Intro, 19 reviews, 61 photos
- Belgrade Intro, 23 reviews, 57 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vientiane Intro, 22 reviews, 57 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santo Domingo Intro, 17 reviews, 47 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puno Intro, 19 reviews, 44 photos
- Phumi Siem Reab Intro, 14 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 20 reviews, 42 photos