"HILLERØD" Top 5 Page for this destination Hillerød by ValbyDK
Hillerød Travel Guide: 73 reviews and 205 photos
Hillerød is located in the northern part of Sjælland (Zealand) and is connected by train with Copenhagen, making it very easy to visit on a day trip. S-train line E departs every 10 or 20 minutes (in the daytime) from Copenhagen Central Station and the travelling time to Hillerød is around 40 minutes.
Every year, many tourists visit the famous Frederiksborg Castle which for a long time was the seat of the Danish kings. The castle is open to the public and is quite interesting. It is also surrounded by a beautiful baroque garden. If you arrive to Hillerød by train you just follow the signs towards the Castle. It is a 20 minutes walk and will lead you along the banks of Frederiksborg Castle Lake.
Read more about Hillerød here: Tourist Information
Frederiksborg Castle Gardens consist of the Baroque Garden - laid out in the 1720s by King Frederik IV and restored... more travel advice
Frederiksborg Castle Chapel from 1617 is a very beautiful part of Frederiksborg Castle. The chapel was only slightly... more travel advice
ValbyDK's Related Pages
Hillerød Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Hillerød and its magnificent castle"
- "Castle town"
- "Frederiksborg Castle at Hillerød"
- "Hiller?d, Danmark's C4 city"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hillerød
- 5 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (29)
Have you been to Hillerød?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hillerød
Photos in HillerødSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copenhagen Intro, 105 reviews, 319 photos, 3 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 22 reviews, 78 photos, 1 travelogue
- Barcelona Intro, 21 reviews, 72 photos
- Vienna Intro, 19 reviews, 61 photos
- Belgrade Intro, 23 reviews, 57 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vientiane Intro, 22 reviews, 57 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santo Domingo Intro, 17 reviews, 47 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puno Intro, 19 reviews, 44 photos
- Phumi Siem Reab Intro, 14 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 20 reviews, 42 photos