"SOUSSE" Sousse by ValbyDK
Sousse Travel Guide: 326 reviews and 933 photos
Sousse is located 140 kilometres south of Tunis, on the Gulf of Hammamet - which is a part of the Mediterranean Sea. The history of the city goes back more than 1000 years, and the Ribat, the Great Mosque, and the Kasbah are examples of old buildings around the city.
Several years ago I visited Sousse, and stayed one week at the Hotel El Hana Beach Resort. Most of the time I was enjoying the sun, beach and pool and only went on a couple of guided tours, arranged by the travelling agency. A great fishing and sailing trip on the Mediterranean Sea, and a visit to the old Medina. Unfortunately I was robbed in the Medina, and don’t have the best memories of my visit...
Sousse is not one of my favourites. The resort area was OK, but it was nearly impossible to leave the hotel because of very aggressive salespeople following you for hours! This was just too much!
During my stay in Sousse, the President of Tunisia also visited the city. I didn’t shake hands with him, but there was a big parade in the city and people were waiting for hours to get a glance of the President. Just a funny little experience...
- Pros:OK beaches...
- Cons:Aggressive salespeople... I was robbed in the Medina...
ValbyDK's Related Pages
Sousse Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sousse in the Sunshine"
- "Sousse - Tourist capital of Tunisia"
- "SUPER SOUSSE"
- "Tunisia for Tourists"
- "Very hot...."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sousse
- Hotels in Sousse
- Transportation in Sousse
- Nightlife in Sousse
- Restaurants in Sousse
- Shopping in Sousse
- Warnings and Dangers in Sousse
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sousse
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Sousse?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sousse
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copenhagen Intro, 102 reviews, 311 photos, 3 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 22 reviews, 78 photos, 1 travelogue
- Barcelona Intro, 21 reviews, 72 photos
- Vienna Intro, 19 reviews, 61 photos
- Belgrade Intro, 23 reviews, 57 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vientiane Intro, 22 reviews, 57 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santo Domingo Intro, 17 reviews, 47 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puno Intro, 19 reviews, 44 photos
- Phumi Siem Reab Intro, 14 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 20 reviews, 42 photos