"KATOOMBA - The Blue Mountains..." Katoomba by ValbyDK
Katoomba Travel Guide: 124 reviews and 320 photos
I spent a couple of days in Katoomba, 110 km west of Sydney, in October 2006. Before I went to Katoomba I have heard a lot about the beautiful Blue Mountains and I wasn’t disappointed. This place is absolutely amazing. One whole day we just walked from lookout to lookout and enjoyed the fabulous view of the Jamison Valley.
The Blue Mountains were formed around one million years ago and are named after the blue mist above the area. It is oil from Eucalyptus trees combined with water haze and special rays of light that creates the blue colour.
During our walks, we found a lookout on a small forest path and we thought it would be a great place to watch the sunset over the famous rock formation, ‘The Three Sisters’. No success - the clouds were hanging very low and it was impossible to watch the sunset. Furthermore it went dark very quickly and it was a little hard to find our way back on the small forest track.
If you visit the Scenic World you can take rides with the Scenic Skyway, the Scenic Railway, the Scenic Walkway, or the Scenic Cableway.
- Pros:Amazing views!
Besides the beautiful scenery and the walking tracks, you also find the Scenic World in Katoomba. The Scenic World ... more travel advice
ValbyDK's Related Pages
Katoomba Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "KATOOMBA.. NEW SOUTH WALES.."
- "A STAY IN THE BLUE MOUNTAINS"
- "Katoomba - key to the Blue Mountains"
- "Heart of the Blue Mountains"
- "The Blue Mountains & Katoomba"
- "Katoomba: The Capital of the Blue Mountains"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Katoomba
- Hotels in Katoomba
- Transportation in Katoomba
- Nightlife in Katoomba
- Restaurants in Katoomba
- Shopping in Katoomba
- Warnings and Dangers in Katoomba
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Katoomba
- 3 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Katoomba?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Katoomba
Photos in KatoombaSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copenhagen Intro, 102 reviews, 311 photos, 3 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 22 reviews, 78 photos, 1 travelogue
- Barcelona Intro, 21 reviews, 72 photos
- Vienna Intro, 19 reviews, 61 photos
- Belgrade Intro, 23 reviews, 57 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vientiane Intro, 22 reviews, 57 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santo Domingo Intro, 17 reviews, 47 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puno Intro, 19 reviews, 44 photos
- Phumi Siem Reab Intro, 14 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 20 reviews, 42 photos