"KATOOMBA - The Blue Mountains..." Katoomba by ValbyDK

Katoomba Travel Guide: 124 reviews and 321 photos

I spent a couple of days in Katoomba, 110 km west of Sydney, in October 2006. Before I went to Katoomba I have heard a lot about the beautiful Blue Mountains and I wasn’t disappointed. This place is absolutely amazing. One whole day we just walked from lookout to lookout and enjoyed the fabulous view of the Jamison Valley.

The Blue Mountains were formed around one million years ago and are named after the blue mist above the area. It is oil from Eucalyptus trees combined with water haze and special rays of light that creates the blue colour.

During our walks, we found a lookout on a small forest path and we thought it would be a great place to watch the sunset over the famous rock formation, ‘The Three Sisters’. No success - the clouds were hanging very low and it was impossible to watch the sunset. Furthermore it went dark very quickly and it was a little hard to find our way back on the small forest track.

If you visit the Scenic World you can take rides with the Scenic Skyway, the Scenic Railway, the Scenic Walkway, or the Scenic Cableway.

• Pros:Amazing views!
  • Last visit to Katoomba: Oct 2006
  • Intro Updated Apr 27, 2010

Comments

ValbyDK

“2013... Seville and Barcelona... Lisbon... Vilnius... Vienna... Budapest... Oslo... 2014... ?”

Badges & Stats in Katoomba

Have you been to Katoomba?

Latest Activity in Katoomba