"KURANDA" Top 5 Page for this destination Kuranda by ValbyDK
Kuranda Travel Guide: 66 reviews and 196 photos
Kuranda Village is a small town about 25 km northwest of Cairns. The town is located in the mountains and it was a very scenic drive through rainforest to get there. Timber was the town's primary industry for years, but today it is a thriving tourist town – and some of the main attractions are the Australian Venom Zoo, the Barron River and Falls, the Kuranda Scenic Railway, and the Skyrail cableway. Furthermore, Kuranda has markets, arts and crafts stalls, and a few restaurants around town.
In September 2006, I stayed one night at the Kuranda Rainforest Accommodation Park that is located just outside town. The owners of the campsite, Hans and Annette, are originally from Denmark, but they knew a lot about the Kuranda area. They told us about the attractions - and besides that, it was also interesting to hear how they had left Denmark many years ago and started a new life in Australia. Really nice people…
This is a must in Kuranda if you're interested in snakes, spiders and scorpions. If not - don't do! There are guided... more travel advice
"The World's Most Beautiful Rainforest Experience"... The 7.5 km cableway was completed in 1995 after one year of... more travel advice
ValbyDK's Related Pages
Kuranda Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Village of Kuranda"
- "Kuranda in the Cairns Rainforest"
- "Just enjoy the atmosphere of Kuranda"
- "Kuranda,village in the Rainforest"
- "Rainforest and Skyrail"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kuranda
- Hotels in Kuranda
- Transportation in Kuranda
- Restaurants in Kuranda
- Warnings and Dangers in Kuranda
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kuranda
- 5 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Kuranda?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kuranda
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copenhagen Intro, 105 reviews, 319 photos, 3 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 22 reviews, 78 photos, 1 travelogue
- Barcelona Intro, 21 reviews, 72 photos
- Vienna Intro, 19 reviews, 61 photos
- Belgrade Intro, 23 reviews, 57 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vientiane Intro, 22 reviews, 57 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santo Domingo Intro, 17 reviews, 47 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puno Intro, 19 reviews, 44 photos
- Phumi Siem Reab Intro, 14 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 20 reviews, 42 photos