"CHINCHERO" Chinchero by ValbyDK
Chinchero Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 20 photos
In November 2009, I was travelling from Cusco to Yucay and had a short stopover in Chinchero...
Chinchero is located at 3,800 meters above sea level (= thin air…)... Not a very big town, but interesting as it was an important city for the Incas... Inca Tupac Yupanqui once had his summer residence here, and ancient walls and agricultural terraces are some of the Inca remains in Chinchero...
The city was in ancient times believed to be the birthplace of the rainbow…
Behind the old colonial church in Chinchero there are some ancient agricultural terraces. They dates back to Inca times,... more travel advice
ValbyDK's Related Pages
Chinchero Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "worth stopping!"
- "peace and quiet in chinchero"
- "Chinchero is Brown"
- "Wrong Place!"
- "In appreciation of the llama"
- See All...
Explore the World
- Pulau Telan Hotels
- Lowestoft Hotels
- San Vito di Leguzzano Hotels
- Spit Island Hotels
- Prince Edward Island National Park Hotels
- Kampong Ru Sila Hotels
- Les Beaux
- Mohafazat Liban-Nord
- Laguna Cuicocha
- South Normanton
- Provincia de Monte Plata
- West Yarmouth
- Milos Island
Badges & Stats in Chinchero
- 3 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Chinchero?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chinchero
Photos in ChincheroSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copenhagen Intro, 102 reviews, 311 photos, 3 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 22 reviews, 78 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vientiane Intro, 22 reviews, 57 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santo Domingo Intro, 17 reviews, 47 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puno Intro, 19 reviews, 44 photos
- Phumi Siem Reab Intro, 14 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 20 reviews, 42 photos
- Cusco Intro, 18 reviews, 43 photos
- Dublin Intro, 15 reviews, 44 photos
- Santiago Intro, 15 reviews, 43 photos