"PUNO" Top 5 Page for this destination Puno by ValbyDK

Puno Travel Guide: 184 reviews and 496 photos

I stayed four nights in Puno in November 2009...

The city is located on the shore of Lake Titicaca, and the lake is also the main attraction of the city... The altitude is about 3,900 meters above sea level (= thin air), but we arrived from Cusco (3,400 meters above sea level) and weren’t hit by altitude sickness during our stay...

Interesting place, but four days is too much! Two or three days are more than enough to see the city...

For my own memories

* Amantani Island (from a distance)
* San Antonio Church (from the outside)
* Palacio de Justicia (from the outside)

• Last visit to Puno: Nov 2009
  • Intro Updated Aug 7, 2012

• wise23girl's Profile Photo
    Sep 14, 2012 at 11:14 PM

Nice reviews...remembering our walk around Copenhagen...I was really not well...so next time I will be more bouncy.

• ValbyDK's Profile Photo
      Sep 17, 2012 at 11:02 AM

Hi Marg. Thanks for visiting my Puno page. Sorry to hear you wasn't well :-( Hope we didn't do too much walking. Take care / Klaus

• wise23girl's Profile Photo
      Sep 17, 2012 at 1:31 PM

No, not the Vikings fault it was an overactive thyroid that flared up just before I left Hamburg

• xaver's Profile Photo
    Oct 5, 2010 at 12:38 PM

nice page, The ‘San Juan Bautista Church looks a so original building

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Jul 7, 2010 at 11:18 PM

Wonderful, interesting page! Has been on my wish list for a loooong time, perhaps one day! After reading about your Train trip, I really would like to do that.

• PierreZA's Profile Photo
    May 7, 2010 at 11:13 AM

I find this page very interesting. Very nice tips and great photos!

• cachaseiro's Profile Photo
    May 2, 2010 at 4:11 AM

jeg nåede aldrig selv til puno da jeg var ved titicaca søen, da jeg kun var på den bolivianske side men det ser jo godt ud.

ValbyDK

“2013... Seville and Barcelona... Lisbon... Vilnius... Vienna... Budapest... Oslo... 2014... ?”

Badges & Stats in Puno