"HA LONG BAY" Ha Long by ValbyDK
Ha Long Travel Guide: 447 reviews and 1,522 photos
I drove up from Hanoi on a day-trip and spent 4 hours in Ha Long Bay; a boat trip around the scenic bay and a visit to a cave (read my tips).
I rented a private van and driver in Hanoi and paid around 100 USD (return). Ha Long City is located about 160 kilometres from Hanoi, and the trip took about 3 ½ hours in the morning traffic and 3 hours to return to Hanoi in the evening.
Long day, but worth it. Ha Long Bay is a stunning place.
- In a nutshell:Beautiful nature...
There are several caves around the Ha Long Bay area, and a visit to the Thien Cung Caves was included in our boat trip.... more travel advice
ValbyDK's Related Pages
Ha Long Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "From a Dragon's mouth"
- "Ha Long - Bay of Beauty and Legend"
- "Land of Descending Dragons"
- "Amazing Halong Bay"
- "Dreaming of Ha Long Bay"
- "guell's Ha Long Page"
- "Ha Long Bay"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ha Long
- Hotels in Ha Long
- Transportation in Ha Long
- Nightlife in Ha Long
- Restaurants in Ha Long
- Shopping in Ha Long
- Warnings and Dangers in Ha Long
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ha Long
- 2 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Ha Long?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ha Long
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copenhagen Intro, 102 reviews, 311 photos, 3 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 22 reviews, 78 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vientiane Intro, 22 reviews, 57 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santo Domingo Intro, 17 reviews, 47 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puno Intro, 19 reviews, 44 photos
- Phumi Siem Reab Intro, 14 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 20 reviews, 42 photos
- Cusco Intro, 18 reviews, 43 photos
- Dublin Intro, 15 reviews, 44 photos
- Santiago Intro, 15 reviews, 43 photos