"THE ANGKOR TEMPLES" Ruines d' Angkor by ValbyDK
Ruines d' Angkor Travel Guide: 53 reviews and 128 photos
The temples of Angkor are the main reason why most tourists come to Siem Reap and Angkor was also on my wish list for a long time before I finally visited the temples in November 2008. I had really high expectations and I wasn’t disappointed! This is one of the most amazing and fabulous places I have ever seen…
The ancient temples were built between the 9th and 13th centuries, and Angkor (meaning “city”) was once the capital of the mighty Khmer Empire, which ruled most of the region during that period. The Angkor site was registered on the UNESCO World Heritage List in 1992.
I think it is worth hiring a guide for the temples. The area is huge, but they known the place and you are sure not to miss anything. The official guides are KATGA-licensed and can be identified by their uniform: Brown trousers, beige shirt and name badge. My guide spoke fluent English and was a really great guy.
More info and travelogues on my Siem Reap page.
ValbyDK's Related Pages
Ruines d' Angkor Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Angkor Complex"
- "Angkor temples and ruins"
- "Angkor Temples"
- "Ruins of Angkor"
- "Angkor Ruins other than Angkor Wat"
- "Travel Notes from Angkor"
- "What Wat is this?"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Ruines d' Angkor
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Ruines d' Angkor?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ruines d' Angkor
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copenhagen Intro, 102 reviews, 311 photos, 3 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 22 reviews, 58 photos
- Vientiane Intro, 22 reviews, 57 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santo Domingo Intro, 17 reviews, 47 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puno Intro, 19 reviews, 44 photos
- Phumi Siem Reab Intro, 14 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 20 reviews, 42 photos
- Cusco Intro, 18 reviews, 43 photos
- Dublin Intro, 15 reviews, 44 photos
- Santiago Intro, 15 reviews, 43 photos