"Oatman ,Arizona" Top 5 Page for this destination Oatman by RAINBOWWINGS
Oatman Travel Guide: 24 reviews and 109 photos
Just 2 hours drive from Las Vegas is this delightful old mining town still kept as it was in the 1800´s and now a popular tourist spot. We drove on the original Route 66 with the road winding up thru the hills and the most spectacular scenery that even the most amatuer photographer couldnt get wrong! Miles and miles of unspolit desert countryside dotted with huge Joshua trees and various other cacti led us eventually to this quaint old town of Oatman. A General Store,Post Office and Diner were just a few of the sights to see with some pretty good bargains to be had as well. I bought beautiful Indian blanket for just $6.95
The biggest attraction here in Oatman has got to be the wild burros that live in the surrounding countryside but venture into town where they know they will be fed and watered by the locals and the tourists who buy carrots to feed them. All shapes and sizes they dont seem to care where they wander and will even try to get into the shops if the owner is busy but soon get shooed out to go stand in the dusty street and look that sad, forlorn donkey look! We had passed several families of donkies on our way into town who were quite oblivious to us oohhing and ahhing and clicking away with the camera.
The Post Office is a working one where we bought our stamps, as is the General Store and Diner, although the Diner didnt have much more than burgers to offer, but an ice cream went down really well after coming in from the 110F temp outside.
- Pros:A great day out
- Cons:Dusty and hot in summer.
There are several little shops in Oatman, all selling much the same and we picked up some real bargains. We bought an... more travel advice
RAINBOWWINGS's Related Pages
Oatman Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Jumping Around Oatman, Arizona!"
- "Oatman AZ, An old Gold mining Town"
- "Oatman ,Arizona"
- "Oatman, Arizona - A Big Bang for No Buck"
- "KikBkK8's Oatman page"
- "Oatman, Arizona"
- "An authentic old western town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Oatman
- Hotels in Oatman
- Transportation in Oatman
- Restaurants in Oatman
- Shopping in Oatman
- Warnings and Dangers in Oatman
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Oatman
- 3 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Oatman?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Oatman
Top 10 Pages
- Las Vegas Intro, 62 reviews, 120 photos
- Sri Lanka Intro, 17 reviews, 36 photos
- Málaga Intro, 12 reviews, 27 photos
- Los Angeles Intro, 5 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bangkok Intro, 8 reviews, 22 photos
- Chiang Mai Intro, 8 reviews, 20 photos
- Death Valley National Park Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos
- Monument Valley State Park Intro, 5 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- New York City Intro, 9 reviews, 16 photos
- Seattle Intro, 7 reviews, 18 photos