"Grand Canyon National Park" Grand Canyon National Park by RAINBOWWINGS
Grand Canyon National Park Travel Guide: 577 reviews and 1,423 photos
So many words written to describe one of the most unique places on this planet...and really and truly not one word can describe it!
Where else can the naked eye see for hundreds of miles? Where else can you feel as if you are standing on the edge of another world? Yes Mother earth has some wonderful sights to take away our breath but none as beautiful and amazing as the Grand Canyon.
Although this is my second visit to Grand Canyon..the first being in 1978..it still shocked me to look out and feel as if I was looking at the other side of the world!
It almost impossible to gauge the scale of the spectacular split in the earths crust causing this vast canyon and its rock formations. A mile deep in some places and many miles wide. Colours abound, reds, greys, blues, pinks, browns...a spectrum merged into one. Shrubs, bushes, trees grow solidly in this arid wildnerness, and wildlife is abundant.
Do we really appreciate this wonderful world and all its splendours? When you stand looking out on this marvel it almost wants you to say "Thank you God". and not just thank you for the sight but thank you for my senses so that I can enjoy it! The smell of the dry earth, the sound of the eagles and hawks circling above, the touch of a stone , hot and burning with the heat of the sun, and the feeling of total serenity as you gaze out with just the wind rustling in the trees.
This worlds wonder doesnt just deserve thanks..it deserves an applause!
Click on the photos to enlarge them and see their full glory.
- Pros:Like nothing on Earth
- Cons:Like nothing on Earth
- In a nutshell:The Best of the 7 Wonders.
Being such a vast area its impossible to see all of the National Park as private vehicles are restricted to certain... more travel advice
Inside the Squires Inn hotel, this restaurant certainly was one of the best during our 8 day tour of the National... more travel advice
RAINBOWWINGS's Related Pages
Grand Canyon National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Grand Canyon, Colorado River Rafting"
- "Getting to the Bottom of the Grand Canyon"
- "Grand Canyon is a lot of things to a lot of people"
- "A Walk Through Time"
- "Grand Means Big and Deep Canyon"
- "Let's go rafting!!"
- "A Sunrise in October"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Grand Canyon National Park
- Hotels in Grand Canyon National Park
- Transportation in Grand Canyon National Park
- Nightlife in Grand Canyon National Park
- Restaurants in Grand Canyon National Park
- Shopping in Grand Canyon National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Grand Canyon National Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Grand Canyon National Park
- 4 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Grand Canyon National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Grand Canyon National Park
Photos in Grand Canyon National ParkSee All Photos (18)
Top 10 Pages
- Las Vegas Intro, 62 reviews, 120 photos
- Sri Lanka Intro, 17 reviews, 36 photos
- Málaga Intro, 12 reviews, 27 photos
- Los Angeles Intro, 5 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bangkok Intro, 8 reviews, 22 photos
- Chiang Mai Intro, 8 reviews, 20 photos
- Death Valley National Park Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos
- Monument Valley State Park Intro, 5 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- New York City Intro, 9 reviews, 16 photos
- Seattle Intro, 7 reviews, 18 photos