"Fact stranger than fiction.." Maryhill by Herkbert
Maryhill Travel Guide: 19 reviews and 91 photos
While visiting the Columbia River area, we heard about Maryhill, Washington. "Not much there, but you have to see the museum and Stonehenge" they said. Stonehenge? This I have to see. So we drove the few extra miles in Oregon and then crossed over to Washington. The first sign we saw said - "Stonehenge".
And so it was.
So we follow the signs and sure enough - Stonehenge!
It's a replica that was built in the early 1900's and is a tribute to fallen soldiers from WWI.
The replica is actual size and made from concrete.
No portal to the past or future. And though there weren't any signs, I believe that sacrifices are out of the question too.
- In a nutshell:Definitely worth a look.
Not far from the Maryhill Museum stands Sam Hill's Stonehenge Memorial. A replica of the original Stonehenge, this one... more travel advice
Herkbert's Related Pages
Maryhill Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Maryhill, WA"
- "Eccentric Estate and Vinyards and Wineries"
- "Sam Hill's Passion - Culture Comes to the Gorge"
- "A short detour along the Columbia River"
- "Fact stranger than fiction.."
- "Basaic Maryhill Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Maryhill
- Hotels in Maryhill
- Transportation in Maryhill
- Shopping in Maryhill
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Maryhill
- 2 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Maryhill?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Maryhill
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 43 reviews, 117 photos
- London Intro, 33 reviews, 76 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Napa Intro, 21 reviews, 70 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Buffalo Intro, 30 reviews, 57 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 22 reviews, 64 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nice Intro, 17 reviews, 58 photos
- Chicago Intro, 19 reviews, 47 photos
- Beaune Intro, 14 reviews, 50 photos
- Amboise Intro, 16 reviews, 48 photos, 1 travelogue
- Florence Intro, 15 reviews, 44 photos