"Providence - The Capitol City" Providence by Herkbert
Providence Travel Guide: 281 reviews and 485 photos
As Providence is the capitol of Rhode Island, you'll find the state house prominently located in the downtown area known as Smith Hill. The beautiful white marble building with the statue of the Independent Man perched on top of the dome can be seen as you approach the city from the surrounding highways, letting you know you have arrived in the capitol.
The area surrounding downtown contains many restaurants of all cuisines, entertainment and shopping facilities and diverse neighborhoods. Take some time to walk around and see the sights and taste the food.
- Pros:Clean, modern city
- Cons:Lots of people and hard to park.
We wanted a decent meal at a reasonable price and chose the Cheesecake Factory. The food choices are plentiful and... more travel advice
Herkbert's Related Pages
Providence Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "What a great place to live!"
- "Providence....our Capitol City"
- "Providence .... The Renaissance City"
- "Providence, Rhode island"
- "I live here"
- "Welcome to Providence, RI!"
- "Rhode Island and Providence Plantations"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Providence
- Hotels in Providence
- Transportation in Providence
- Nightlife in Providence
- Restaurants in Providence
- Shopping in Providence
- Warnings and Dangers in Providence
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Providence
- 2 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Providence?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Providence
Photos in ProvidenceSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 43 reviews, 117 photos
- London Intro, 33 reviews, 76 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Napa Intro, 21 reviews, 70 photos, 2 travelogues
- Las Vegas Intro, 22 reviews, 64 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Buffalo Intro, 29 reviews, 52 photos
- Nice Intro, 17 reviews, 58 photos
- Chicago Intro, 20 reviews, 47 photos
- Beaune Intro, 14 reviews, 50 photos
- Amboise Intro, 16 reviews, 48 photos, 1 travelogue
- Florence Intro, 15 reviews, 44 photos