"Buffalo - City of Good Neighbors" Top 5 Page for this destination Buffalo by Herkbert
Buffalo Travel Guide: 257 reviews and 468 photos
Most people have heard about Buffalo as a result of watching television. You hear about it when we have a whopper of a snowstorm in the winter, when our sports teams play on National television or when the Travel Channel visits Niagara Falls. What you don't see or hear about are the beautiful summers, reasonably priced homes, quality colleges, or the sunsets over Lake Erie.
Buffalo, the Queen city, was once one of the premier cities in the northeast. In 1901, Buffalo was home to the Pan-American Exposition. The exposition was lit using electricity from Niagara Falls thanks to the discovery of alternating current transmission by Nikola Tesla. Sadly, it was also during the exposition that President McKinley was assassinated in Buffalo.
The city does have many things to offer people who visit. There are many terrific restaurants (we don't all gorge ourselves on chicken wings and beef on weck), lots of great parks, a world class art gallery, theater and cultural arts, plus professional sports teams for those so inclined.
Buffalo is the hometown of the Goo Goo Dolls, Ani DiFranco, the Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra and the Eden Kazoo Factory.
We do get our share of snow, but we also get to enjoy all four seasons. There are golf courses, ski resorts, water sports on the lake and rivers, botanical gardens. parks and bike paths. Just about anything you're looking for can be found here.
- In a nutshell:It is a place you can call home and be happy
Canalside and the Harborfront area are two of Buffalo's latest achievements. The area has been developed to provide... more travel advice
Back in September of 1901, the Pan American Exposition was underway and President William McKinley was in town to greet... more travel advice
Herkbert's Related Pages
Buffalo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Buffalo, New York"
- "Buffalo and the environs"
- "Buffalo, a hidden gem"
- "Buffalo - Old & New Friends"
- "Buffalo - City of Good Neighbors"
- "Grew up in this town, left, came back and left."
- "FerdnBean's Niagara Falls Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Buffalo
- Hotels in Buffalo
- Transportation in Buffalo
- Nightlife in Buffalo
- Restaurants in Buffalo
- Shopping in Buffalo
- Warnings and Dangers in Buffalo
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Buffalo
- 30 Reviews
- 57 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Buffalo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Buffalo
- Posted in Travel Positano Forum "Re: Hotel recommendations minimal..."
- Wrote a Review Canalside - Enjoy the waterfront in Buffalo Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "An American-French Gem"
- updated a Buffalo Travel Page "Buffalo - City of Good Neighbors"
- Commented on one of tpal's Buffalo travel pages
Photos in BuffaloSee All Photos (57)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 43 reviews, 117 photos
- London Intro, 33 reviews, 76 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Napa Intro, 21 reviews, 70 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Buffalo Intro, 30 reviews, 57 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 22 reviews, 64 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nice Intro, 17 reviews, 58 photos
- Chicago Intro, 19 reviews, 47 photos
- Beaune Intro, 14 reviews, 50 photos
- Amboise Intro, 16 reviews, 48 photos, 1 travelogue
- Florence Intro, 15 reviews, 44 photos